OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

2 recommendations

OZO to Anon

Premium Member

to Anon

Re:  

That's fun to watch how phrases used by those, who want to fool public in order to get new profits for them, are changing. Before it was "paranoid" or "tinfoil hat" (or even "what're you trying to hide?") for everyone, who resisted to be tracked down. Now it's more like "you're afraid of change"... The latter is more and more becoming spread by big corporations, like m$, pushing its W8 inferior, phone-based UI on desktop users, and now by Google, pushing its new way of spying on people. Yeah we all afraid of change, if you want us to become a dumb tool for your profiteering...

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

1 recommendation

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by OZO:

That's fun to watch how phrases used by those, who want to fool public in order to get new profits for them, are changing. Before it was "paranoid" or "tinfoil hat" (or even "what're you trying to hide?") for everyone, who resisted to be tracked down. Now it's more like "you're afraid of change"... The latter is more and more becoming spread by big corporations, ... Yeah we all afraid of change, if you want us to become a dumb tool for your profiteering...

If some outfit has to fervently convince me why I should buy into something they've just come up with, or if they have to ridicule my sometimes natural resistance to it, then the product is not riding on its self-evident merits... it's riding on hype and pressure. At that point, I will seriously question what is actually going on, and dig in even harder in resisting it. There are a lot of not-so-good things in life that exist (or even thrive) simply because of the social pressure applied to folks to adopt them by those with vested interests in pushing them.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to OZO

to OZO
Yup your exactly right OZO!!
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to Blackbird

Premium Member

to Blackbird
Marketing - making you want something you wouldn't otherwise have a need for.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

2 recommendations

Juggernaut to Blackbird

Premium Member

to Blackbird
said by Blackbird:

There are a lot of not-so-good things in life that exist (or even thrive) simply because of the social pressure applied to folks to adopt them by those with vested interests in pushing them.

And, the sheep that are so desperate to be noticed, and accepted. Free will, and critical thinking are discouraged by the status quo.