All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
59137280 (banned)
join:2006-07-06
Montreal, QC

59137280 (banned) to JEDI

to JEDI

Re: [Internet] Telecharger plusieurs tb est-ce un probleme?

I've been with Videotron for over a decade (well, with cable tv - make that 20+ years) and there was a time, as hard it is to believe, there was a time when there was no download cap at Videtron. I switched to high speed in early 2000's and there was no download limit at videtron back then, the limit came just a few years ago.

JEDI
join:2005-04-11
Longueuil

JEDI

said by 59137280:

I've been with Videotron for over a decade (well, with cable tv - make that 20+ years) and there was a time, as hard it is to believe, there was a time when there was no download cap at Videtron. I switched to high speed in early 2000's and there was no download limit at videtron back then, the limit came just a few years ago.

No there was a download limit. I was already with Vidéotron at that time (and before). I guess you had a Samsung Inforanger modem so they could not check your downloads but officially there was a limit, you were simply lucky to have a modem that Vidéotron could not technically check.
junivelli
join:2011-03-07

junivelli

said by JEDI:

said by 59137280:

No there was a download limit. I was already with Vidéotron at that time (and before). I guess you had a Samsung Inforanger modem so they could not check your downloads but officially there was a limit, you were simply lucky to have a modem that Vidéotron could not technically check.

Effectivement dans les année 2000 il n y avait pas de limite de telechargement chez videotron sur le haute vitesse normal, quel que année plus tard videotron a mit fin au illimité sur le haute vitesse regulier, il a fallu switcher sur l internet extreme haute vitesse pour avoir illimité,et ensuite retourner sur le haut vitesse normal pour avoir du "illimité" a 50$ d overfee

Platinum1917
Premium Member
join:2011-07-24
QC

Platinum1917

Premium Member

De plus, les fichiers deviennent de plus s'en plus gros donc sa consomme plus. Des raisons pour mettre des limites au piratage et modérer plus la bande passante..

Je me souviens dans le début des années 2000 même avant, un jeu complet ne pesait même pas 300Mo maintenant sa peut atteindre des 15Go et +
GuiGQc
join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC

GuiGQc

said by Platinum1917:

Je me souviens dans le début des années 2000 même avant, un jeu complet ne pesait même pas 300Mo maintenant sa peut atteindre des 15Go et +

On ne téléchargeait pas de films/jeux avant, on les prenait la plupart par VHS/CD...

Platinum1917
Premium Member
join:2011-07-24
QC

Platinum1917

Premium Member

said by GuiGQc:

said by Platinum1917:

On ne téléchargeait pas de films/jeux avant, on les prenait la plupart par VHS/CD...

Tu copiais les cd mais il en avait qui télechargeais en format ISO ou gravait les fichiers sur un CD-R..