how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hefy_jefy

join:2009-10-23
Aptos, CA

[Speed Issues] Charter Business speeds

We are a very small company (4 people) and I end up getting the IT tasks. We currently have an ATT DSL account but are looking around for something that gets us a better upload speed, ATT is fine for download at 5Mbps but we occasionally need to upload quite large data files (1Gb). With an upload speed of on 0.6Mbps this is hopeless. I stress occasionally - this is not a daily requirement.
We recently received a quotation from Charter Business that gave the speeds as "BI: Essentials30 (30M Down / 4M Up)"

1. Can I assume that we really will get 4Mbps up?
2. I guess will mean switching to cable?

Location is California 95010
Thanks for any opinions,
Geoff

Bamafan2277

join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN
Most times you should be able to get the 4M up. If it's a heavy congestion time of day it may be a bit slower but usually there is no problem.

msmisfit

join:2004-09-13
Lawrenceville, GA
kudos:2
I second Bamafan's response. I've never had a problem with a 4M upload, but I'm aware there are some locations on the West Coast with congestion problems who may have slowdowns.

zed260
Premium
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Reviews:
·Charter
said by msmisfit:

I second Bamafan's response. I've never had a problem with a 4M upload, but I'm aware there are some locations on the West Coast with congestion problems who may have slowdowns.

well bussnuss also has higher priorty over resdential so even in congested areas your still get better then resdeintal speed

BlakePaulson

join:2008-08-06
Alexandria, MN
reply to hefy_jefy
I'm not a business customer (yet) but my home connection always gets the advertised up speed.

hefy_jefy

join:2009-10-23
Aptos, CA
reply to hefy_jefy
OK folks many thanks...
Perhaps I need to get back to ATT and ask if they can match it?
Geoff

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
good luck with AT&T!

said by hefy_jefy:

OK folks many thanks...
Perhaps I need to get back to ATT and ask if they can match it?
Geoff