All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

MJB33

FTTH in ontario

When Will We Ever Get FTTH in London Ontario.... 1 Gigabit....

gotta love to be 39th place for internet speed

BHELL!

Qsig
join:2009-05-18
Kanata, ON

Qsig

Stop posting.

MJB33

MJB33

what do you not care for fiber optics to the home... i can post.... omg....

i just asking if people want to see fiber optics to their house in current neighbourhoods...

like london ontario

Qsig
Kanata, ON

Qsig

It would just be more constructive to ask what neighbourhoods have FTTH or ask if people have it if you want to know. Yesterday and today you've just been complaining about Bell being 39th...no gigabit fibre...etc, doesn't really help to just complain about things that have already been stated or are pretty much a given.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to MJB33

to MJB33
Why did you do another topic if the one before was locked ?

AnonMJB
@bell.ca

AnonMJB to Qsig

Anon

to Qsig
while i guess bell needs to actual do something.... not take the cash and spend it on the maple leafs stadium.
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf

You seem to be operating under the delusion that you matter, or that London is somehow more important than Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal.

Bell's installing FTTH in greenfield developments, and they're upgrading the network in big cities first. If you don't like that you're lower on the list, then move to a greenfield or a big city.
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr to MJB33

to MJB33
Admittedly it would be nice to have some idea of an upgrade schedule.

I am moving soon and the area I am moving back to is only capable of 5/0.8. It was the same when I was there 5 years ago.

ssherwood
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Toronto, ON

ssherwood to MJB33

Premium Member

to MJB33
FYI - you can get FTTH in St. Thomas which isn't too far from London.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

1 recommendation

Guspaz to MJB33

MVM

to MJB33
Here's a hint, MJB, constantly posting on public forums whining about not having gigabit Internet isn't going to make it happen. It's just going to annoy the people who would otherwise agree with you.

MJB33

MJB33

i just want support for ftth to get going... the telecoms do nothing... it's sad our country is last for internet speed... hey they spend more money on ad's saying they have great internet... but less on actual upgrades...

Qsig
Kanata, ON

Qsig

Yes but you're posting on a forum of people where most of them know of the issues with our current situation regarding internet speed. If you really wanted to help, you'd go out to the people who aren't on forums like these and inform them. Strength in numbers.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to MJB33

to MJB33
said by MJB33:

i just want support for ftth to get going... the telecoms do nothing... it's sad our country is last for internet speed... hey they spend more money on ad's saying they have great internet... but less on actual upgrades...

Rather than complain, I'll give you a shovel so you can start trenching your own cable in.

MJB33

MJB33

i will go out and put ftth posters in the mailboxes to inform people what ftth is and demand them to force bell to do something... facts for our internet access in canada...

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to MJB33

to MJB33
LOL,

While I admire your determination, what you do on this forum is more or less spamming the members with your FTTH issue

You'll get no traction here, you do more bad than good even if your intentions are laudable

FTTHTechie
@axxent.ca

FTTHTechie to MJB33

Anon

to MJB33
said by MJB33:

i will go out and put ftth posters in the mailboxes to inform people what ftth is and demand them to force bell to do something... facts for our internet access in canada...

You can also have them read and sign and send this Action Plan:

»openmedia.ca/plan/action-plan
kovy7

kovy7 to MJB33

to MJB33
I would rather have better pricing then FTTH.

MJB33

MJB33

ftth and better pricing.... aka google fiber 1 gigabit in canada... something like that... bell still uses 5mbit in sw london ontario... sad and expensive no upgrades in 10 years...
MJB33

MJB33 to kovy7

to kovy7
I would like bell to upgrade to FTTH and have better pricing... both..

plans like

50/50
100/100
150/150
250/250
500/500
750/750
1000/1000
mbits

not everyone needs 1 gigabit...

Southwest London Doesn't even have fttn yet adsl capped at 5mbits max.
kovy7

kovy7 to MJB33

to MJB33
Is it because you live in London you do all this ?

better pricing /topic.
Mont
join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC

Mont to MJB33

to MJB33
Did you read this ?

»www.bce.ca/assets/invest ··· ted2.pdf

MJB33

MJB33 to kovy7

to kovy7
yah... london has no fttn or ftth .... rogers is hfc system.... i don't like shared cable....
kovy7

kovy7

said by MJB33:

yah... london has no fttn or ftth .... rogers is hfc system.... i don't like shared cable....

Do you even know the price of Bell FTTH right now ?

MJB33

MJB33

yes somewhere in the 149.95 dollar range
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to MJB33

to MJB33
said by MJB33:

FYI, FTTH is a shared service as well.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

said by yyzlhr:

said by MJB33:

FYI, FTTH is a shared service as well.

The whole public internet is built on the principle of networks sharing bandwidth.

People/companies/universities/etc. who need truly dedicated/reserved bandwidth from A to B with strict performance guarantees have to lease private virtual circuits (which may or not share some of the same equipment and links as infrastructure used by the "public" internet) with SLAs.

If ISPs had to provision their networks as if they were dedicated, a relatively small company like TSI would need ~500Gbps of interconnects with Bell instead of the ~35Gbps they currently have or ~1Tbps with Rogers instead of their current ~70Gbps.

Nearly all bandwidth ends up shared sooner or later. On cable, sharing starts on the coax. On xDSL, sharing starts at the DSLAM. On GPON, it starts on the fiber much like coax. On Fiber ETTH, sharing starts at the edge router's uplink much like DSLAMs.

There is no getting away from sharing bandwidth on practical networks.

MJB33

MJB33

i know that fiber is shared ... but it makes me mad that they can't upgrade the current neighborhoods of major cities like toronto, hamilton, london, etc....

no upgrades at all... no effort to do it... go buy a sports stadium ...
kovy7

kovy7 to MJB33

to MJB33
said by MJB33:

yes somewhere in the 149.95 dollar range

So you want to pay that ?

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

1 edit

Gone to MJB33

Premium Member

to MJB33
said by MJB33:

I'll bet you a box of timbits and a coffee that there are homes somewhere within the limits of the Corporation of the City of London that can get FTTH from Bell.

Edit - ... and if you don't believe me, pop an address from Canvas Way into Bell's online validation tool. They can get Fibe TV over fibre, too.

MJB33

MJB33

more money is used to advertise that they have fiber ... lol..

bell is useless and stupid