uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mindman

join:2012-12-10
Merritt, BC
Reviews:
·TELUS

Shaw in Merritt, BC

Not sure if any shaw techs look here.. but im debating to go with eithey teksavvy dsl/telus depending if they can offer me 15mbps+ if i move to a different place. just wanting to know if there is any node congestion here. don't really wana go with shaw then find out my net craps out in the evening when i usually use it.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw

Shaw_Alex is an employee here, send him a PM with your address and he should be able to look it up

At least with Shaw, there is no contract and free install, try it for a month, or a week... See what it is like first-hand.

Otherwise, I would take Teksavvy over Telus
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

join:2010-12-16
kudos:1

You could send me a PM with your address and I can check the area just in case

spock

join:2012-07-08
reply to kevinds

There is no contract with telus unless you take their special tv or whatever they are offering. Go with whomever has the best price.

Lesaonar

join:2000-07-25
Victoria, BC

said by spock:

Go with whomever has the best customer/tech support.

FTFY. And puts Telus out of the picture.
--
Anon filter enabled. Register an account if you want to be taken seriously.

Mindman

join:2012-12-10
Merritt, BC
Reviews:
·TELUS

Support for either is a hit and miss, I go with an ISP that can give me 99% up time and 0 issues during peak times. as of right now i have Telus 15mbps but i crave more speed. and since im moving it will be closer to the Telus CO but who knows how it is wired and if ill even get 25mbps+. according to shaw alex there is no node saturation in Merritt. so i might try shaw out.

joshb
Don't sweat the small stuff.
Premium
join:2006-03-04
Calgary, AB

said by Mindman:

according to shaw alex there is no node saturation in Merritt. so i might try shaw out.

Just an FYI from a couple past experiences with Shaw. I would take that comment with a grain of salt... I've had not only myself but a couple friends told the same thing and than sign up and find a node that is completely saturated.

As with anything to do with computers, networks always have a plan B.

Regards,

Joshb
--
Middle Age: The time between I don't care and medicare