Wireless Not Working
As mentioned in my other thread, my router was damaged by a surge over the uverse line yesterday. So I need to use the built in uverse wireless.
AT&T came out and replaced all the equipment. inid, power supply, and i38. However after 3 hours of trying, he could not get the i38 wireless signal to work. It says enabled, but no matter what him and the tier 2 person he had on the phone tried, nothing worked? They are coming out again this afternoon.
Not knowing what was tried may be repeating things already done
1) broadband and service lights both light on, if not wiring issue possible move IU next to iNID with short data cable to verify.
2) can you connect hardwired into Ethernet port of i38 (IU)
3) can devices see wireless as listed on side of i38 ex.IU is 2wire720 does laptop, cell phone see 720 of a different number. If not seeing correct number inid is refurbished and needs factory reset, at battery backup unit left side hole with red circle, insert small object and hold till both lights flashing, release may take up to 10-15 minutes for inid to load and apply current software. Check listing on wireless devices again, if not correct try above again or replace inid.
4) is IU on seperate cat5 cable from iNid or using existing phone wiring, try step 1 to verify no issue with cable even if broadband, service lights on.
5) are you using static address, by default on factory install set for dynamic need to access website from BBU address front cover to change.
6) if using voip install hpna filter to desperate voip and internet.
Hardwired ethernet ports work
No devices could see the SSID.
Is own seperare cat5 cabke
It's very baffling. The techs reset the inid and WAP dozens of times last night and nothing worked. Today I said what the heck and tried it once and now it's working. 1Firt I reset the inid and once that was back up I reset the WAP. Don't know why it worked this time, but glad it is.