uniqs
share rss forum feed

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5

Diablo III for PS3 Now Available for Preorder

Diablo III for PS3 Now Available for Preorder
by blizzard@blizzard.com (Blizzard Entertainment)

PlayStation gamers, prepare to confront the Lord of Terror! Select retailers are now taking preorders for the PS3 version of Diablo III. Check out the full announcement and visit the official website for more information, including details on the exclusive preorder bonus: the Infernal Helm.

pjhofmann

join:2000-08-22
Cary, NC
Ick, you've brought the nightmare back, my $59.99 where did ye go!!!

TSI James
TSI James
Premium
join:2008-02-22
reply to Carpie
I'm saving my money for NHL 14, GTA V and Watch Dogs. Still up in the air about COD Ghosts or BF4, though thinking BF4 maybe the way to go this year cause I am enjoying BF 1942 right now.

Either way I am not wasting my money since I already have it for PC.
--
TSI James - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
said by TSI James:

Either way I am not wasting my money since I already have it for PC.

But... but... what about the nifty helmet that you get for pre-ordering?! The one that your character will outgrow before level 8?!

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
reply to Carpie
Now PS3 players will get all the joys of an always-online game and all the error 37's that PC players have had to deal with since launch.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA
Except that it's not going to be always online for the PS3.
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
Which will piss off all the Diablo fanboys that bought it for PC/Mac in the first place, who then start to whine about having to buy a PS3 to be able to play it at all
--
Because, f*ck Sony

sleuth
Premium
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA
reply to Carpie
I've read a lot of really bad user reviews, which was enough to steer me clear of this game. Has it improved at all? Would consider it for the PS3.

Nasus917

join:2013-05-22
reply to Carpie
This game was pretty bad for the PC, I can't imagine it can get any better with a console version. But we'll see..

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Yea I can't believe how much of a fail Diablo 3 was. I lost interest in less than a month
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to sleuth
Apparently quite a bit has changed for the better:

»[D3] Diablo 3 Revisited
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

Carpie

united state
reply to Carpie

Diablo 3 coming to the Xbox 360 (and PS3) September 3rd

The Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 version of Diablo 3 will launch September 3, 2013, according to a Blizzard post today. This is the first time that we've heard of D3 appearing on the Xbox 360. We heard back in February that D3 was headed to the PS3 and PS4.

We do know that the PlayStation version of the game will play on a different realm and not be accessible by PC consoles. It's probably safe to assume the same will be true for the Xbox 360. We don't know if these console realms will be able to interact with each other. The console versions o the game are also having their UI updated to a more console-friendly format.

The play testing on the PS3 version of Diablo 3 has generally been positive. Blizzard's move to bring the game to the Xbox 360 bodes well for it appearing on the next generation Xbox console as well, although no announcement has been made there. Diablo 3 is expected to have its first expansion announced at BlizzCon in November this year.

The full blue post after the break.
Continue reading Diablo 3 coming to the Xbox 360 (and PS3) September 3rd

--
Absölution -- 6/6 MSV, 4/6 HoF, 4/4 ToES, 1/12 ToT
Pride and Ego -- 6/6 MSV 1/6H, 6/6 HoF, 4/4 ToES, 1/12 ToT

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
I preordered it for ps3. I'm glad it's coming to the consoles.

Nasus917

join:2013-05-22
reply to Carpie
this game wasnt that good for the PC, i wonder how the console port is going to be.

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to Carpie
Any review of D3 is jaded. Its a fine game well worth the money.
--
Savious like Savior

Carpie

united state
reply to Carpie
So who bought Diablo III for the console? What are the reviews? Any of you out there that fit the profile where you didn't care for it much on the PC but feel the console is much more fun?

I'm considering buying it for the xbox. It allows for co-op play on the same console right?
--
Absolution -- MSV: 6/6 0/6H -- HoF: 4/6 -- ToES: 4/4 -- ToT: 12/12 -- SoO: 2/14F */14
Pride and Ego -- MSV: 6/6 1/6H -- HoF: 6/6 -- ToES: 4/4 -- ToT: 11/12 -- SoO: */14F */14

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
I bought it for the Xbox, have completed one play though and am now doing nightmare mode. I love it. Co op on the same console works great, no issues at all. Connecting through XBL works well, sometimes I notice a bit of delay when I use a weapon but it is not constant. Graphics are great as well.