All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
kdeuser
join:2000-08-30
Suwanee, GA

kdeuser

Re: OLD and SLOW IFITL

I am confused. This seems no different than a new build opportunity for everyone except AT&T. (We are nothing more than a cash cow to them, so there is no incentive in the short run to bear the cost of an upgrade.) What puzzles me is that Comcast and Charter showed no interest af all - even though they would easily get at least 95% of the internet and easily over 60% of the TV business almost immediately. Equally puzzling is fhat AT&T shows no interest in keeping us as customers knowing whaf we are trying to do.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

60% and 90% is NOTHING when they would want it ALL. And those that are in contracts with DirecTV are NOT going to pay the ETF to get out just to have Cable TV services. You need to look at it from their point of view and what they would want. Put yourself in their shoes and look at what it would cost. They just don't wait a few houses here and there. IF you could get EVERYONE to sign up and at bare minm a 4 year contract for services, then maybe they'd expand. Otherwise not a chance.

The offer still stands to actually contact me and see about building a community network. I have done this before for several areas, and recently completed work for two smart buildings.