how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

noisefloor

join:2010-05-09
reply to loveageek

Re: [Business] Comcast Raising Business Class Equipment Costs AG

I said Eff it and canned my business line. I made sacrifices and thankfully don't need a static block anymore. I bought a 6141 and got back into a residential promotion for 50x10 blast. This is for my house, so luckily I don't use more than a 200-300GB a month for when the caps come back.

justbits
More fiber than ATT can handle
Premium
join:2003-01-08
Chicago, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..
reply to loveageek
So, the price change is now in effect in billing... but, did anyone double check their latest bill? I saw my "Taxes, Surcharges & Fees" double in price, besides the "Partial Month Charges & Credits" catchup of $2.95 for the previous month. Anyone else? In the past, Taxes were always $0.56. This latest bill has them at $1.02.

Why did the Taxes... go up by 100% this month? Is this just a billing mistake due to the "catchup"? Or is this yet another little mouse print gotcha in the contract that comes along for the ride with the $2.95 increase in the Equipment fee?

Tekneek

join:2012-02-19
Bethlehem, GA
reply to Contents
said by Contents:

Are people buying their own modems for Business Class or are we restricted to paying monthly for this modem?

I bought my own modem back when a firmware upgrade to the SMC gateway broke the powerboost feature. I also got IPv6 addressing with the change too, which has been great to have.

I also had no problems returning the original modem. With the price increase, though, I am trying to determine if I can purchase my own telephony modem to replace the Comcast provided one. I haven't been able to determine if that is possible or economically worthwhile yet (although at $9.95/month, it seems that buying our own makes more economic sense than ever before - were it to go out, we just call Comcast and start renting again).

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
said by Tekneek:

I bought my own modem back when a firmware upgrade to the SMC gateway broke the powerboost feature.

To what are you referring?
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Tekneek

join:2012-02-19
Bethlehem, GA
The time when an update was pushed to the SMC gateways and the powerboost feature stopped working properly.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
said by Tekneek:

The time when an update was pushed to the SMC gateways and the powerboost feature stopped working properly.

I gathered that from your other post. I'm asking about specifics What problem were you having? I'm wondering if it's the same thing as the issue I am having.
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates