dtsang
join:2003-08-16
Toronto, ON

dtsang

[DSL] Moving fees

I have two services with TekSavvy:
1. 6/0.8 DSL GAS/legacy
2. Home Phone (POTS)

I know the Home Phone moving fee is $60, but how much is the DSL 6/0.8 GAS/legacy moving fee?

Thanks. Derek

anonymous2
@velcom.ca

anonymous2

Anon

There shouldn't be a fee. Bell will just be activating it as a new line and Teksavvy, to my knowledge, doesn't charge a setup fee for 6Mbps service. Teksavvy would pretty much just have to attach your newly activated DSL service to the Teksavvy billing account that you already have open.

TSI Ashleigh
Premium Member
join:2013-02-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Ashleigh to dtsang

Premium Member

to dtsang
Hello Dtsang,

Thank you for the post!!! As long as the service is available at your new address we would be able to move the service there. There is a $60.00 move fee for the phone and $50.00 move fee for the DSL. This is to have the technician out to the new house and activate the lines there for you. These fees are a one time fee and are added to your next billing statement for you.

If you have any other questions please let us know

Thank you

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Yikes, those are crazy prices especially if the person moves both at the same time!

Bell has gone nuts.

TSI Ashleigh
Premium Member
join:2013-02-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Ashleigh

Premium Member

Hello HiVolt,

Thank you for the post! These have always been the standard fees for moving phone and DSL, actually DSL used to be higher because we used to include the dry loop activation if needed for $19.95. With the new pricing released a few weeks ago we have been able to remove that fee all together. Which is fantastic!!!!

Thank you
Ashleigh

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to dtsang

to dtsang
I would also suggest you move to the 7M FTTN plan while you move
dtsang
Toronto, ON

dtsang

Agreed; I'm going to upgrade to 7/1 FTTH; the activation fees are the same as the moving fees (which is why I wanted to ask)

Thank you everyone.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by dtsang:

Agreed; I'm going to upgrade to 7/1 FTTH; the activation fees are the same as the moving fees (which is why I wanted to ask)

Thank you everyone.

If you do make sure you have an ADSL2+ capable modem.
dtsang
Toronto, ON

dtsang

Yup I have the tp-link td-8616 so it should work.