join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5
Trying for your Wireless Merit Badge?

voxframe

join:2010-08-02

1 recommendation

reply to DaDawgs
You're doing the deployment for that??? That's gonna be wild!

(Sorry, I'm a scouter. It's not exactly every day you can combine scouting/camping with Wifi/Technology lol)

DaDawgs
Premium
Deltaville, VA
said by voxframe:

You're doing the deployment for that??? That's gonna be wild!

(Sorry, I'm a scouter. It's not exactly every day you can combine scouting/camping with Wifi/Technology lol)

I am very happy to not be allowed to answer that question. =)

But I can tell you this, the scouts are going to have one great summer this year.

--
Once we IPv6 enable every device on the Internet we will have toasters, baby monitors, and security cameras joining the bot nets which today are populated only by idiots that can not refrain from clicking, "Yes I would like to see those titties..."

voxframe

reply to DaDawgs
Hehehe!
Awesome stuff!

Wish I was going. I'm probably going to be out at the Canadian Jam this summer as well as another major site in Quebec Canada.

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK
kudos:5
reply to DaDawgs
Cisco used to have a video about an install they did at a Scout Jamboree back in the early '00s. IIRC they didnt smother the site with wifi (which would have been novel, but impractical given the lack of hand held wireless devices at the time), but rather provided point to point links between key places for certain administration tasks, and perhaps local wifi coverage thereat.

I can find the link to it on their site, but its broken now.

I'd love to do something like this, it would be a lot of fun.