how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

niteowl64

join:2013-05-01
Grants Pass, OR

How to get real Support

I'm getting intermittent dropouts on my DSL line. It loses connectivity several times a week. Sometimes it will reconnect but sometimes I have to reboot the modem.
I called CenturyLink 3 times...none of the techs were able/willing to do basic troubleshooting. Heck, none of them even knew what PPoE stood for. They all blamed my modem but were unable to explain why it was my modem or how it could be the source.
Does anybody know how to get past the Gatekeepers and get to a real support person?

OOMJR

join:2011-02-09
Avilla, IN
Did you call the 800.788.3600. 24/7 tech line. TalkToUs@centurylink.com is another way to get the ball rolling.

If neither help file a FCC complaint. It helped me out once when they weren't doing anything for me

dondude

join:2005-09-15
Lehigh Acres, FL
reply to niteowl64
I kept calling tech support and opening tickets until the local supervisor got involved. He gave me his personal number and told me not to let tech leave until problem was fixed. Be persistent and your problem will be addressed.

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to niteowl64
Hi,

We will have our DSL Escalations Team help with your connection issues if you send me your account & contact numbers.

Thanks,

Corey Tidwell
Centurylink Help Team
TalkToUs@Centurylink.com