All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
yalag
join:2011-08-15
m2n0c2

yalag

[Internet] Please help! Bell is stealing from me! What can I do?

I ordered bell internet service in Feb. Immediately after the technical installed it, he tested the speed and it was about half of what it should be. He told me to call to cancel the service. I did, and cancelled it. They said they will mail me a package to return the modem. I said great.

Fast forward 2 months and they said the service was not cancelled and now owe them hundreds of dollar. I lost my cancellation confirmation number (I don't keep those around..I don't think anyone does?). They said there's nothing they can do now. What should I do?

I said if they just check the usage of the service it would be absolutely 0, not a single byte was sent. They said they don't have any record of the usage...

Please help! This is the same as robbing!!!

Same old
@videotron.ca

Same old

Anon

Re: [Internet] Please help! Bell is stealing from me! What can I

File a complaint here:
»www.ccts-cprst.ca/
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf to yalag

to yalag
Post in direct with your full account details, and somebody will be able to help you.

Unless it's changed since the last time I checked, Bell's policy is that if there's no usage, then you can be credited back. You shouldn't need to escalate this beyond the first level, but it seems you got a meathead on the phone... just post in direct. The folks who post there seem to be a little higher level than the people answering the phone.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to yalag

Premium Member

to yalag
said by yalag:

Fast forward 2 months and they said the service was not cancelled and now owe them hundreds of dollar. I lost my cancellation confirmation number (I don't keep those around..I don't think anyone does?). They said there's nothing they can do now. What should I do?

This is the exact reason why people should always keep their confirmation numbers, I personally write every number down in a text file and keep them forever, I have confirmation numbers and reference numbers going back about 8-10 years.
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to yalag

to yalag
This is what happens when employee performance is tied in to their ability to keep people who want to leave to stay.

They tell you on the phone that your service is cancelled but they don't actually cancel it. I have no doubt whatsoever that the "confirmation number" they gave you wouldn't have existed in their system anyway.

Bell's whole business model is dependant on frauds like this.
yalag
join:2011-08-15
m2n0c2

yalag

Yes that exactly right! The number could be a fake. Not to mention, they could delete the record after the number is generated. Or simply deny your number even if they see it right in front of their face.

I will post to the direct support forum but I'm not sure what else I can do.

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to yalag

to yalag
Post in the direct forum. The guys there are helpful and knowledgeable.

I had a similar issue with a modem I returned and they say I did not (but cannot prove) as they sent me 3 return packages for 1 modem