« No Class
This is a sub-selection from Church members

Daishi7
Premium
join:2002-02-24
reply to mags2

Re: Church members

Agreed..

I see religion as 2 groups - those that don't know, and those that don't know they don't know.

Your post is partly flamebait but true to some extent, people sometimes tend to align with the religion that caters most to what they want to believe, others believe because that is what they have been told from a young age, or because they are partly afraid of the consequences of being a "nonbeliever". People tend to become aggressively offensive when their beliefs and perceptions are threatened, and sometimes even when opposed with common sense and logic.

SRFireside

join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX
said by Dachi:
Agreed..People tend to become aggressively offensive when their beliefs and perceptions are threatened, and sometimes even when opposed with common sense and logic.
Religion isn't the only subject this falls under. Try talking to a die hard republican about issues that go against their party and you get the same aggressive and offensive views. Same can be said for hard core democrats. If you really think about it anybody hard core about anything will get you that response when their belief comes under fire. You can't just pigeon-hole religion. Some people when they believe in something, and that something could be anything, will blindly follow it. That doesn't mean everyone who is a rep. or dem. or in a religion blindly follows. I stand by my statement that you can't categorize people who follow a religion as weak-willed sheep. Not that you said that...just coming to full circle on the thread.
--
When do I get my freakin' third star?!?!?