Greenville, SC

slckusr to ctggzg

Premium Member

to ctggzg

Re: Insurance fraud please help

said by ctggzg:

said by gatorkram:

NEVER LEAVE THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT BEFORE THE COPS COME

That's ridiculous. Most accidents don't require the police. Nor should people leave their cars in the middle of the street as if they're preserving evidence or something. The first thing you do after an accident is move your cars somewhere safe and away from traffic.

I was in an accident before and i was always taught to move my vehicle. I did the right thing and moved my car out of the turning area so traffic could flow again. The cop showed up and cited me because i moved my car and he couldnt really see what happened. The girl hit me from the back and was" thankful this happened because already running late to her work, and would be fired being late again" Needless to say because i was cited my insurance company ended up paying this girl.

tldr. Cops gave me a ticket for moving my car.
28727686 (banned)
join:2013-04-08

28727686 (banned)

said by slckusr:

said by ctggzg:

said by gatorkram:

NEVER LEAVE THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT BEFORE THE COPS COME

That's ridiculous. Most accidents don't require the police. Nor should people leave their cars in the middle of the street as if they're preserving evidence or something. The first thing you do after an accident is move your cars somewhere safe and away from traffic.

I was in an accident before and i was always taught to move my vehicle. I did the right thing and moved my car out of the turning area so traffic could flow again. The cop showed up and cited me because i moved my car and he couldnt really see what happened. The girl hit me from the back and was" thankful this happened because already running late to her work, and would be fired being late again" Needless to say because i was cited my insurance company ended up paying this girl.

tldr. Cops gave me a ticket for moving my car.

That's crazy. In Florida if the cops show up and you're in the road you get cited no questions asked unless you're injured or the car is undriveable.

Mr Neutron
Impassioned Gibberish
Premium Member
join:2005-05-30
Gorham, ME

Mr Neutron to slckusr

Premium Member

to slckusr
said by slckusr:

Needless to say because i was cited my insurance company ended up paying this girl.

I guess I'm not clear on the "needless" part because you're telling us that you were cited for moving your car after the accident.

Unless I'm missing something, your being cited for moving your car after the accident wouldn't appear to change who was at fault in the original accident.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau to slckusr

Premium Member

to slckusr
That sucks in Illinois it says you have to move your car if it is drive able (625 ILCS 5/11-404) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 11-404)
Sec. 11-404 If a damaged vehicle is obstructing traffic lanes, the driver of the vehicle must make every reasonable effort to move the vehicle or have it moved so as not to block the traffic lanes.