uniqs
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to old_tech

to old_tech

Re: pill bottles

The airline recommendations I linked to above are just that, recommendations. If the OP does not want any unnecessary delays the best thing to do is follow the recommendations. I agree that the OP can carry his scripts in any fashion without breaking the law. Ultimately the airline decides who boards their airplane based on their own policies and procedures, not based just upon the law. Why would the OP want to chance an unnecessary delay for him or other passengers?

old_tech
Premium Member
join:2013-03-31
Springfield, IL

old_tech

Premium Member

Again, there has been nothing sated by the OP that they plan on flying on this trip, so it is irrelevent.

As for the airlines, yes each have their own set of rules, bu the Fed's CFR trumps those rules. The airlines cannot deny a person boarding with a medical device or medicines, just because they do not have a note.

If the person is on O2 or uses a regenerator, you do have to let the airline know in afvance, so that the plane you will be boarding, will have a O2 tank to use during your trip, and that is pretty much it.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

said by old_tech:

Again, there has been nothing sated by the OP that they plan on flying on this trip, so it is irrelevent.

As for the airlines, yes each have their own set of rules, bu the Fed's CFR trumps those rules. The airlines cannot deny a person boarding with a medical device or medicines, just because they do not have a note.

If the person is on O2 or uses a regenerator, you do have to let the airline know in afvance, so that the plane you will be boarding, will have a O2 tank to use during your trip, and that is pretty much it.

LOL. Read post #3. The OP is flying.

The OP may not be denied boarding but the OP may be delayed unnecessarily. Why would the OP want to be delayed when following the guidelines is a no brainer?

old_tech
Premium Member
Springfield, IL

old_tech

Premium Member

I have flown numerous times with prescription meds, with no paperwork, the pills in a pill minder, and not once have I been questioned about them, when they are in my carryon, or delayed boarding because I am carrying a 30 day supply of meds, which also some of those have been narcotic meds, prescribed by my doctor.

Some are just looking at this in a non-obvious or non-commonsense aspect, that they are taking more into it, than they really need to be.

The OP is not going to be harassed, due to having in their possession hypertension or diabetes meds, in either blister packs, or a pill minder. The only time that they could consider holding you up, is say that you have 2 gallon bags filled to the top with the pills, then yes you could be detained and questioned why you have such a large quantity.

Hundreds if not thousands of people fly all of the time with prescription meds in their carry-on or check-in baggage, in 30 to 60 day quantities, in pill minders or out of the bottle that the pharmacy gave them, and they have never once been held up or questioned for why they have them in their possession.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to drslash

Premium Member

to drslash
said by drslash:

The airline recommendations I linked to above are just that, recommendations. If the OP does not want any unnecessary delays the best thing to do is follow the recommendations. I agree that the OP can carry his scripts in any fashion without breaking the law. Ultimately the airline decides who boards their airplane based on their own policies and procedures, not based just upon the law. Why would the OP want to chance an unnecessary delay for him or other passengers?

You are right I do not want to be delayed or quested any questions about my meds so I will be taking them in the original bottles and documentation about the pills since You told me about the rules.
Caddyroger

Caddyroger to old_tech

Premium Member

to old_tech
I doing what the rules are so I'll know that I will be allowed to take the medicines or miss my flight and costing me $500.

old_tech
Premium Member
Springfield, IL

old_tech

Premium Member

You are not going to be delayed as long as you have followed the rules on packaging for personal care items and medical items as listed on the tsa website.

If you place them in a pillminder like I stated before, all you need is a letter listing prescriptions and signed by them, that is pretty much it.

It is not like as I stated hundreds if not thousands of travelers fly all the time with their personal medicines and devices on flights.

Only time they would be delayed, is if the tsa are being jerks, or something alarms them to maybe check to see why the machine to check for explosive signatures comes up questioning something.

I really would not stress over it, and again, just follow the info at the tsa site for travelers and you will be okay.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

Why do you keep repeating yourself. Are you upset that I will not follow what you do. I am doing what is recommended to do. Case closed the mods can lock this thread.

old_tech
Premium Member
Springfield, IL

old_tech

Premium Member

Caddy roger no one is upset about anything. If you are interpretting it that way, Suggest that in the fact that you are on hypertension meds, to really jus relax about this matter, and put it to bed.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

You the not putting it bed I said that 2 times in the last 9 posts what I was going to follow the recommendations.

old_tech
Premium Member
Springfield, IL

old_tech

Premium Member

said by Caddyroger:

You the not putting it bed I said that 2 times in the last 9 posts what I was going to follow the recommendations.

I put it to bed a long time ago. If you keep posting wanting a reply, of course, people are going to keep replying to a thread.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

reply to old_tech
I have decided to use the bottles that sent me I have surplus bottles to keep the what I do not need at home.

reply to drslash
You are right I do not want to be delayed or quested any questions about my meds so I will be taking them in the original bottles and documentation about the pills since You told me about the rules.

Reply to old-tech
I doing what the rules are so I'll know that I will be allowed to take the medicines or miss my flight and costing me $500.

After all this you came back with this" You are not going to be delayed as long as you have followed the rules on packaging for personal care items and medical items as listed on the tsa website.

If you place them in a pillminder like I stated before, all you need is a letter listing prescriptions and signed by them, that is pretty much it.

It is not like as I stated hundreds if not thousands of travelers fly all the time with their personal medicines and devices on flights.

Only time they would be delayed, is if the tsa are being jerks, or something alarms them to maybe check to see why the machine to check for explosive signatures comes up questioning something.

I really would not stress over it, and again, just follow the info at the tsa site for travelers and you will be okay."