uniqs
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

1 recommendation

anveo

Premium Member

[Anveo Direct] Launches Innovative Call Termination Service

Not often you see a new product announcement which will have a great impact on the future technology and services offered in VOIP market place. Today is one of those days.

Back in 2010 Anveo team has launched Anveo.com Retail service which offers unmatched set of features, quality of service, solid infrastructure design and great technology. All of that allows Anveo.com to maintain a technological advantage and ongoing innovations.
It is possible due to 'thinking outside the box' approach and highly experienced R&D team.

And now with the same spirit Anveo team is launching a new Anveo Direct call termination service which will shake the market with innovative features and flexibility/quality it offers.

So what makes Anveo Direct Call Termination service different from the rest of providers?

It is our amazing and highly configurable LCR (Least Cost Routing) technology which gives you complete control over how your calls are routed with instant access to over 30 Tier 1 carriers/routes (like Verizon, Comcast, Level 3, TATA Communications, ISP Telecom, BICS, IDT and more).

Anveo Direct users have an option of using pre-configured routing options (such as 'lowest cost across all carriers', 'lowest cost across standard routes', 'lowest cost across prime routes') or configure custom routing options and that is where the fun begins

Custom routing option allows a user to select which carriers/routes will be used for routing his/her calls, configure automatic failover to the next carrier when one has failed to accept a call, select how many concurrent calls is allowed for a given trunk, select Rate Cap if needed, select the order of carriers when routing calls (by least cost, random order or by service quality). With custom routing options Anveo Direct offers much higher reliability and call delivery success rate than a typical call termination service.

Another great feature is 'Route Block'; users can prevent a certain carrier/route from sending calls to a given destination.
For example; if end user is reporting DTMF issue on his calls to Rome (Italy), then Anveo Direct user can easily add a Route Block which will prevent future calls to Rome, Italy from being routed though a problematic carrier.

Another very handy and unique feature not available from other providers is access to full SIP session trace for any call . SIP Session trace is a great tool which helps to investigate interconnect issues.

Anveo Direct uses real-time 1 second billing (except for Mexico), does NOT proxy Media (RTP direct from the carrier) and uses IP authentication. Each account can create unlimited number of Call Termination trunks and each Call Termination trunk can have its own dialing prefix, LCR options and the list of authorized IP address.

For those interested in some technical details; with over 30 different carriers/routes the number of destinations (price entries for lookups) is so high (close to 3 million entries) that we had to use high performance algorithms and data models to effectively locate routes (based on the phone number dialed).
We were able to achieve extremely high lookup speeds and thus VERY low PDD (Post Dial Delay). The average PDD added by Anveo Direct is less than 1/10 of a second!!!

For the last 6 month Anveo retail service has been using Anveo Direct for Inbound calls and as of April 2nd Anveo Retail was switched to exclusively use Anveo Direct Outbound Services with outstanding results.

I am sure that the launch of Anveo Direct Call Termination services will force other providers to innovate and catch up...

We welcome you to try Anveo Direct service with $0.60 test funds at »www.anveodirect.com
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007

Premium Member

I have no idea what he just said but as Anveo customer I like it!
anveo
Premium Member

1 edit

anveo

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
A few screenshots...
SCADAGeo
Premium Member
join:2012-11-08
N California

SCADAGeo

Premium Member

said by anveo:

It is our amazing and highly configurable LCR (Least Cost Routing) technology which gives you complete control over how your calls are routed with instant access to over 30 Tier 1 carriers/routes (like Verizon, Comcast, Level 3, TATA Communications, ISP Telecom, BICS, IDT and more).

Awesome!
said by JoeSchmoe007:

I have no idea what he just said but as Anveo customer I like it!

You can choose your carrier without having to go through support.

If one is giving you a headache, like calls not completing, you can select another one yourself, without having to create a support ticket.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

1 recommendation

Mango

Premium Member

I had the opportunity to test Anveo Direct last week and I'm so excited it has been officially announced now. As far as I'm concerned, Denis is being modest. If you have an IP PBX, you really must try Anveo Direct to see just how powerful it is.

If Denis's words haven't convinced you, this will. How would you like to pay $0.00168 for termination to Canada with CNAM? That wasn't a typo. It's literally less than 2/10 of one cent per minute for outgoing calls to some major centres in Canada. (And only slightly more to small/rural areas.) Frankly I'm shocked they can offer such a price and make a profit, but not so shocked that I won't take advantage of it.

Route block and sip session trace will surely be useful features which I have not yet used, but look forward to using when I need them.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to anveo

Premium Member

to anveo
Interesting and impressive.

I am curious how this may stand in regard to confidentiality agreements that you may have with the carriers....
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM to anveo

Premium Member

to anveo
Not to ruin the party, but from a personal point of view, that's kinda shooting yourself in the foot. Giving what rate you pay with X provider. All other providers can now go check your rates and everything you have lower, we can go harrass the specific provider to match it or make a better offer. Not very smart for your business contacts. They will hate you, but thanks anyway for the nice data.

Also, good luck when people comes hammering a specific destination for a low rate and it starts triggering cherry picking alerts at the carrier level, something that is usually very frown upon in telecom contracts.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Interesting insights as always, thanks!

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to MartinM

Premium Member

to MartinM
Yeah, I read this and wondered what the underlying carriers' reactions would be. I guess that's something Anveo is willing to deal with.

Qsig
join:2009-05-18
Kanata, ON

Qsig to anveo

to anveo
The SIP trace is huuuuuuge for the more techy people or who are looking for help with issues in forums like this!

Thanks for that immensely!

cybersaga
join:2011-12-19
Selby, ON

cybersaga

So if I understand this correctly, to make use of Anveo Direct (anveodirect.com), you need your own PBX, not just an ATA. But to make use of Anveo retail (anveo.com), you just need an ATA or other SIP device.

Right?

shootfoot
@sunwave.com.br

shootfoot to anveo

Anon

to anveo
While this is definitely "cool" for the end user, most in the VoIP / telecom industry will immediately recognize where this idea came from and what it is modeled on. I won't say the company's name, but they're a wholesale provider/aggregator, and provide similar if not the exact same functionality at a wholesale level and show the carrier names that call's would route via, names which BTW exactly match those in Anveo's screenshot...

e.g. I assume/believe Anveo are using the carrier I am speaking of, and decided to launch a service that end-users can access based off that exact model. Prior to the carrier I am referring to, there were other carriers/aggregators that did things like this (Arbinet as a historic example), but they didn't expose the underlying carriers names.

The difference in what Anveo is offering and the company I'm referencing, is Anveo seems to be doing this at a retail level (seems with very little / zero commitment), whereas the company I'm mentioning does this only at a wholesale level (IE with other carriers/service providers/companies with lots of traffic).

Again, this is "cool" for the end user (assuming they have a static IP - which seems like the only catch), but really is yet another way to help the race to the bottom...
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by shootfoot :

e.g. I assume/believe Anveo are using the carrier I am speaking of, and decided to launch a service that end-users can access based off that exact model. Prior to the carrier I am referring to, there were other carriers/aggregators that did things like this (Arbinet as a historic example), but they didn't expose the underlying carriers names.

The difference in what Anveo is offering and the company I'm referencing, is Anveo seems to be doing this at a retail level (seems with very little / zero commitment), whereas the company I'm mentioning does this only at a wholesale level (IE with other carriers/service providers/companies with lots of traffic).

This should be interesting to watch....
newtovoip
join:2013-04-14

newtovoip to Mango

to Mango
said by Mango:

If you have an IP PBX, you really must try Anveo Direct to see just how powerful it is.

How would you like to pay $0.00168 for termination to Canada with CNAM?

Mango, could you share your setup / configuration? Is an IP PBX an absolute must?
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

I didn't really configure anything, other than my dial plan, to send calls to the SIP URI prescribed on the Anveo Direct portal.

I'm not certain that a PBX is required. But it would be good to have a static IP address, since that is the only way Anveo Direct does authentication.
newtovoip
join:2013-04-14

newtovoip

where do i configure the dial plan?
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

If you use Asterisk, one way to do it is with the extensions.conf file.
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

nitzan to Mango

Premium Member

to Mango
said by Mango:

Frankly I'm shocked they can offer such a price and make a profit

Seriously doubt they would make a profit on it. Let's assume for a second their margin is 30% - that means they'd need 2000 minutes of call time just to make a dollar. Assuming the average user does 500 minutes a month that's only 25 cents profit, a month(!). They'd need something like 10000-20000 users just to pay a single employee. Now granted not all users call Canada exclusively, but IMHO putting wholesale prices on residential services is bad for the industry as a whole - even if you manage to "steal" customers away from other providers you're still not making profit when you factor in salaries and other costs. The race to the bottom is not good for anyone.
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

1 edit

grand total

said by nitzan:

Assuming the average user does 500 minutes a month that's only 25 cents profit, a month(!). They'd need something like 10000-20000 users just to pay a single employee.

I think that your assumption is incorrect. The average user Anveo Direct is trying to attract is not the residential user. There are probably not enough tech savvy users capable of running an Asterisk (or similar) instance out there.

This is aimed fairly and squarely at the business user, but if it attracts a few of the people who frequent this and other forums and also happens to make them anveo.com customers too then so be it.

One other thing I noticed - POPs in the US, east and west coasts, Germany, Belgium, and most interesting of all, China.
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

I dunno. Seems to me like this kind of service is pointless for wholesale users - why would I go through Anveo when I can interconnect with those carriers directly and likely get better rates? There are a few other services offering similar functionality but my experience with them has been bad because quality wasn't great and I had to constantly mess with the settings to avoid FAS and other annoying issues. The ability to block routes, setup approved routes, etc. sounds great in theory but it's actually a nightmare in practice because you have to constantly mess with it - I'd much rather leave the routing and messing around to the carrier and have them deliver me a finished product that's good quality and without FAS. I suspect other companies do too.

The only real benefit I see is if someone wanted to interconnect to a specific carrier (say Tata) but didn't have enough traffic to justify it - or in other words residential and small-time users.
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total

said by nitzan:

I dunno. Seems to me like this kind of service is pointless for wholesale users - why would I go through Anveo when I can interconnect with those carriers directly and likely get better rates?

Why - because you only need to have a relationship with one supplier instead of many. You may be right that people may avoid this offering in droves. However, a parallel I can think of is the travel industry. Back in the mid 1990's travel agents believed that leisure travellers would never manage their own bookings over the internet. Look how that turned out.
anveo
Premium Member

anveo to nitzan

Premium Member

to nitzan
said by nitzan:

...There are a few other services offering similar functionality but my experience with them has been bad because quality wasn't great and I had to constantly mess with the settings to avoid FAS and other annoying issues. ...

It is welcoming to see a competitor commenting here. However, Nitzan (creator of cheapvoipinc.com ) is trying to paint Anveo Direct service as bad quality (i guess because cheapvoipinc.com becomes not so cheap anymore ). Most providers (like cheapvoipinc.com) proxy media though their servers to hide their underlying carrier/precious route. Anveo Direct DOES NOT PROXY AUDIO though Anveo servers which means the call quality is as best as one can get directly from the carrier. So the call quality and latency is MUCH better then from a typical call termination provider. Moreover, built-in failover option between carriers makes Anveo Direct service MORE reliable then other service providers.

Grand Total is more correct than Nitzan. Anveo Direct Call Termination Service started 9 month ago as internal project to address specific needs of Anveo Retail service. Then it was decided to launch it as part of Anveo Direct because other service providers can benefit from it.

Within a few weeks we will release a new set of features which will help smaller service providers to deal with their call termination needs.
w1ve
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Hancock, NH

w1ve to anveo

Premium Member

to anveo
Question for Anveo: Since there are no minimum requirements, and I have a PBX, can I move my DIDs from Anveo Retail site to Anveo Direct? I'd save a bunch of money!
anveo
Premium Member

anveo

Premium Member

said by w1ve:

can I move my DIDs from Anveo Retail site to Anveo Direct? I'd save a bunch of money!

Sure you can. Please open a ticket and indicate your Anveo Direction account.
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan to anveo

Premium Member

to anveo
said by anveo:

It is welcoming to see a competitor commenting here. However, Nitzan (creator of cheapvoipinc.com ) is trying to paint Anveo Direct service as bad quality

LOL so you're launching a service aimed at SERVICE PROVIDERS and then scream "competitor" when your POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS speak up? this has nothing to do with CVI - someone who uses CVI is not likely to use your service to begin with.

Oh and FYI siproutes.com has been offering the exact same service for 2-3 years now. I took a look at them a few months ago as a potential vendor and decided against using them for the exact reasons I mentioned earlier.
mmr1
join:2004-11-23
UK

mmr1 to anveo

to anveo
Is there a way to add password instead of ip authentication, for retail users this is a must...

shootfoot
@78.129.148.x

shootfoot to anveo

Anon

to anveo
Well I was trying to be polite by not providing name of the service provider/aggregator I mentioned, but that's already been undone.

I agree with Nitzan on a couple of points, and have a few others to mention below.
1. You do need to do a LOT of managing with a service like this. If you want quality you either need to be extremely proactive (which is very hard), or avoid carriers/service providers that give you poor quality. Anveo is pushing that managing down to their end users, which 99+% of the time, Anveo's customers won't know how to do it. When you switch traffic from a set of carriers that generates 1 ticket per X million number of minutes, to carrier(s) that generate 20+ tickets per X million minutes, you start hearing a lot of complaints, and eventually you start losing customers (since not everyone that has problems will complain).

2. There are several reasons why wholesale carriers don't sell at essentially wholesale prices to the retail segment:
- It hurts the industry as a whole, there's already a race to the bottom without lobbing more grenades at your competitors.
- Providing support to someone getting wholesale rates and doing even 10K minutes a month isn't feasible. Not sure how Anveo will handle that, other than their actual retail product (anveo.com - which was already cheap before this) already has limits on the number of free tickets one can create.
- You don't want to compete with your own retail offerings, or those of the carriers/service providers you provide wholesale services to. Anveo seems to be competing with themselves here, as well as the market as a whole. That said, Nitzan seems to do the same thing - to an extent - with Future-Nine and cheapvoipinc.

Typically it used to be that you needed a minimum of 500K to 1M minutes per month to work with a wholesale carrier, those numbers have been pushed down over the years, and this is pushing it pretty much as low I can imagine for potential low-volume users (and I have't even looked at all the rates yet, I just spot checked them).

3. I think Anveo may find that customers will complain to them about poor quality on some routes/areas, and Anveo's response to route around those areas/carriers isn't really the right way to handle those issues, especially if the customer repeatedly runs into these issues. I believe they will run into problems like FAS, long-PDD, error messages, dead-air, incorrect routing, poor quality calls, etc, based on my experience.

4. Part of the point of my original comment was to dispel the uber-hyping that Anveo created something truly unique with Anveodirect. For example, I don't think they are "thinking outside the box" on this one. Personally it seems like they saw an interesting model at the company I spoke about, and decided to copy/paste it down to a lower volume customer which it really isn't designed for. A no, I don't work for the company I'm referring to (and still don't want to name), but I have done business with them.

I agree with Anveo when they say: "Not often you see a new product announcement which will have a great impact on the future technology and services offered in VOIP market place. Today is one of those days."
They're right, it does have a great impact. Every service like this that launches and pushes market prices down for retail customers is great for retail customers and bad for the industry.

5. I also think Anveo is sending mixed messages about certain things. A technical one, is related to their claim of not proxying audio, and it coming straight from the carrier.
- On one hand, I believe they provide most/all of their DID's from Voxbone (including in the USA/Canada). Voxbone isn't a CLEC in the USA or Canada, and buys their DID's from the same places everyone else does - actual CLEC's. Voxbone does proxy audio which means that even if Anveo isn't, you aren't getting audio straight from the carrier. Now that's not a big deal, but I think they're hyping something that doesn't need hyping, and is somewhat disingenuous.

- On the other hand they say they don't proxy audio, but according to grand total earlier in this thread, they have "POPs in the US, east and west coasts, Germany, Belgium, and most interesting of all, China." If Anveo isn't proxying audio, why do they need all those geo-graphically separated servers? I can understand 2-3 for redundancy, but are they trying to speed up the latency of a SIP message? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, especially since as of now, most of the routes they offer via Anveodirect are USA/Canada (yes there are some other countries, but not full A-Z from what I see). Even if Anveo did proxy audio, if we were talking about only US/Canada calls, if they put 2-3 servers in the USA (Sillicon Valley area, NYC, and maybe Miami), audio being proxied wouldn't have any perceptible audio delay added from anywhere, even if it came from China.

At the end of the day, Nitzan is I believe correct. Anveo will get users from this, but they're not going to be getting traffic from many large customers (examples: 100K, 250K, 1M minutes + a month) this way, as those customers are typically smart enough to know when they're buying from a reseller, and will always go straight to the source for traffic termination. In this case Anveo isn't from what I see even a reseller, they're a reseller of the company I still don't want to mention who is a reseller and aggregator. The large customers will go straight to the source (Level 3 for example), or to a direct reseller of that company (such as the company I don't want to name), rather than Anveodirect which is a lower level reseller.

Again, this is "cool" for the retail customers, but I can't really understand Anveo's thinking on this as it will also hurt their own business.

I have no horse in this race, as I don't work for any of the companies mentioned regularly in this forum, although I'm sure some won't believe that.
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

said by shootfoot :

That said, Nitzan seems to do the same thing - to an extent - with Future-Nine and cheapvoipinc.

Good point. That was one of the main concerns when starting CVI. My thinking is by not providing DIDs (at least not retail) on CVI this helps drive retail users to F9 (or other providers). We're also considering increasing the minimum credit purchase to something like $50 or $100 since the service and pricing is really not intended for low-volume users.
anveo
Premium Member

1 recommendation

anveo to shootfoot

Premium Member

to shootfoot
Thanks for your feedback. However, with all due respect you are mistaken on some very important items
said by shootfoot :

...In this case Anveo isn't from what I see even a reseller, they're a reseller of the company I still don't want to mention who is a reseller and aggregator....

Your claim that Anveo is a reseller of some mysterious company is FALSE. Anveo Direct is NOT a reseller of a mysterious company!

We have our own interconnects. For example BICS was added via referral from Voxbone (both companies are based in Belgium ), IDT was added after Wholesale congress in Miami this year, negotiations with Tata have started way back in 2012 and interconnect was completed 2 weeks ago. We are now working on adding Telefonica and consider another carrier in Canada and Alcazar Network.
---
said by shootfoot :

You do need to do a LOT of managing with a service like this. If you want quality you either need to be extremely proactive (which is very hard), or avoid carriers/service providers that give you poor quality.

You just provided the solution. Those who need the highest quality will use Prime routes/cariers. Prime routes have direct connect to a local incumbent operator and provide retail call quality. Anveo Direct provides a great selection of routes/carriers to meet various quality/price needs.
---
said by shootfoot :

...Providing support to someone getting wholesale rates and doing even 10K minutes a month isn't feasible. Not sure how Anveo will handle that, other than their actual retail product...

We all agree that "support" cost money and it is one of the largest operating expenses. Anveo Direct account comes with a limited number of support tickets and after that Support option can be added as Add-on for a monthly fee.
---
said by shootfoot :

...You don't want to compete with your own retail offerings, or those of the carriers/service providers you provide wholesale services to. Anveo seems to be competing with themselves...

Anveo Direct is not competing with Anveo retail service. Anveo retail is business communications suite which includes advanced IVR, integrations with Zoho, SalesForce,Google Analytics plus Call Recording solution, built-in PBX, Conference Calling, sub-accounts (users) and other business related features.
---
said by shootfoot :

...On the other hand they say they don't proxy audio, but according to grand total earlier in this thread, they have "POPs in the US, east and west coasts, Germany, Belgium, and most interesting of all, China." If Anveo isn't proxying audio, why do they need all those geo-graphically separated servers?...

Those are not Anveo servers. I will reiterate again that Anveo Direct DOES NOT PROXY audio. I am not sure what Grand Total was referring to. Voxbone has POPs in China (we do not). Audio (RTP) is sent directly from the underlying carrier (Voxbone for DIDs and carrier's RTP server for outgoing calls).

Someone can make a simple test phone call to some country and then download SIP session log from Anveo Direct portal and check SDP section and maybe even post it here
---
said by shootfoot :

...Again, this is "cool" for the retail customers, but I can't really understand Anveo's thinking on this as it will also hurt their own business...

Again, Anveo Direct will not hurt Anveo retail service in any way for the reasons stated above.

shootfoot
@78.129.148.x

shootfoot

Anon

said by anveo :

Your claim that Anveo is a reseller of some mysterious company is FALSE. Anveo Direct is NOT a reseller of a mysterious company!

We have our own interconnects. For example BICS was added via referral from Voxbone (both companies are based in Belgium ), IDT was added after Wholesale congress in Miami this year, negotiations with Tata have started way back in 2012 and interconnect was completed 2 weeks ago. We are now working on adding Telefonica and consider another carrier in Canada and Alcazar Network.

I'm sorry, but I call BS. I can't and won't say you aren't directly connected to at least a few of the carriers, but I truly don't believe you're directly connected to all of them. Why? Because several of those companies are extremely difficult to interconnect with and/or have incredibly high monthly minimum commitments (anywhere from $5K to $25K in traffic per month).

The thing that makes this obvious, and why I originally wrote my response mentioning a "mysterious" company (which isn't mysterious to you, Nitzan, or anyone else that works in VoIP / Telecom with wholesale voice carriers) is the list of companies included in your screenshot:
»/speak ··· ZpY2U%3D

Those are:
ATT
Comcast
Global Crossing
ISPTelecom
Level3
Sprint
Verizon
Windstream
360 Networks
ANI Networks
CenturyLink
Earthlink Carrier
Excel
Hypercube
Intelepeer
Inteliquent
O1 communications
Pacwest
Peerless
Transcomm
Zone

In addition to some those being very difficult / commitment heavy to interconnect with (about 7-8 of them), that's a VERY unique set of carriers. That unique set of carriers is represented by the carrier/aggregator/service provider (whatever you want to call them) I haven't named.

If you're directly connected to those carriers, why wouldn't you be buying TN's (DID's) from at least 5 of those carriers that are CLEC's in the USA and would be happy to sell them to you at a good price and directly, rather than going through Voxbone (not that there's anything wrong with Voxbone)?

I'll also note that the 3 carriers you mentioned:
said by anveo :

.... BICS , IDT , Tata ....

aren't in the screenshot. At least IDT does provide direct termination to the USA.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you're doing other than the previously mentioned issue of helping to break the market further, but I don't think its reasonable to claim you've invented something when you haven't.
said by anveo :

You just provided the solution. Those who need the highest quality will use Prime routes/cariers. Prime routes have direct connect to a local incumbent operator and provide retail call quality.

That's nice, but "prime" routes don't solve every problem. Even "premium" routes from some actual carriers (CLEC's) are crappy.
said by anveo :

Anveo Direct is not competing with Anveo retail service. Anveo retail is business communications suite which includes advanced IVR…"

Correct, on features for mostly incoming calls, but for termination, you are. Even Mango who uses and likes you guys said:
said by Mango :

"If Denis's words haven't convinced you, this will. How would you like to pay $0.00168 for termination to Canada"

so it seems to me like you are competing with yourself on termination. That's also fine, except you're still breaking the market by (from what I can tell) allowing a guy who puts $25 into his account to get rates similar to carriers/service providers who spend $2500+ per month. I'd still think that's breaking the market.
said by anveo :

Those are not Anveo servers. I will reiterate again that Anveo Direct DOES NOT PROXY audio. I am not sure what Grand Total was referring to. Voxbone has POPs in China (we do not). Audio (RTP) is sent directly from the underlying carrier (Voxbone for DIDs and carrier's RTP server for outgoing calls).

I didn't state you proxy audio, and wasn't even insinuating it. I stated:
"Voxbone does proxy audio which means that even if Anveo isn't, you aren't getting audio straight from the carrier." Again, Voxbone isn't a carrier (CLEC) in the USA/Canada, they source their DID's from the same CLEC's everyone else does. There's nothing wrong with Voxbone, but Anveo customers aren't getting RTP on their DID's straight from the carrier, they're getting it from Voxbone. I'm simply clarifying a not particularly important point that seems very important to Anveo as a piece of your marketing.

When I saw the list of servers in those various geographies, I was asking since you don't proxy audio, what do you need all those servers for? This was the intention of the sentence: "…but are they trying to speed up the latency of a SIP message?"
Absolutely my mistake for accepting the statement Grand Total made with the server locations at face value, next time I'll look on my own.

You state you don't proxy audio and its straight to the carriers (which I believe), but at least in the case of Voxbone (which again is a fine company), Voxbone IS proxying audio from their underlying carriers (in USA/Canada for example, where they are not a CLEC). I simply was stating that. Again, this isn't an important point, but seems to be a big deal to you.
said by anveo :

Again, Anveo Direct will not hurt Anveo retail service in any way for the reasons stated above.

I don't think anyone in VoIP retail world cares if Anveodirect hurts Anveo's own business, in fact I think they'd hope for it
But, your decision to give essentially wholesale rates to any average joe that plunks down a few bucks isn't good for the industry IMHO.