how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

join:2011-01-12
Woodside, NY

Unbelievable what TWC CS reps get away with...

I had to go in to the dreaded 23rd St Manhattan office to get my cable box swapped again. I had several of these go bad and countless problems with my internet, cs reps, field techs, etc, from day one.

The lady called my #, only 15 min wait so i was in a relatively good mood. Better than their usual 1 hr + wait times there. She didn't greet me, just stared at me. I said i need to replace a broken cable box. Still silence. took the box went got another one. took my old one, SLAMMED it down on the table. Its definitely broken now ha ha! She then handed me a paper and pen and didn't say anything. Thankfully i knew what to do because i've been there so many times so i signed it and left.

So she never said 1 word to me from start to finish. Seems every time twc gets a change to redeem itself it fails miserably...

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX

said by Jawsinc:

I had to go in to the dreaded 23rd St Manhattan office to get my cable box swapped again. I had several of these go bad and countless problems with my internet, cs reps, field techs, etc, from day one.

The lady called my #, only 15 min wait so i was in a relatively good mood. Better than their usual 1 hr + wait times there. She didn't greet me, just stared at me. I said i need to replace a broken cable box. Still silence. took the box went got another one. took my old one, SLAMMED it down on the table. Its definitely broken now ha ha! She then handed me a paper and pen and didn't say anything. Thankfully i knew what to do because i've been there so many times so i signed it and left.

So she never said 1 word to me from start to finish. Seems every time twc gets a change to redeem itself it fails miserably...

The good thing is, you're not required to use them. Take your money elsewhere.

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

Woodside, NY

I have no other provider that services my building so actually I AM required to use them.

Expand your moderator at work

Upper west

@rr.com
reply to Jawsinc

Re: Unbelievable what TWC CS reps get away with...

The location at west 96 and broadway is no better. This black guy that sits in window 2 , I had the awful luck of getting him twice in 2 visits. One was a downgrade where I returned a dvr box I was no longer using to save $25 a month. Without telling me he booked a tech visit to remove the wiring. Tech shows up at my door but I refused access. Wasted company resources and woke me up at 9am on a Saturday.

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY
reply to Jawsinc

Get a Tivo then. Problem solved. They are running great promos right now, and if they ever wire you for FIOS, you can simply plug in the new CC and go...

Don't see why people use those god awful excuses for access device.

TWC only charges $2/mo for a CC and they have to give you the SDV box for free.

OR you can buy a low powered device an run W7MC and pay no monthly fee.

I started on Tivo and moved to W7MC. I haven't had a STB since 2000 and am perfectly happy.

sludgehound

join:2007-03-12
New York, NY
reply to Jawsinc

Know that office. Depends on time of day I gather. Have had 3pm visits go fast but haven't been since last dropped off old modem for Arris DOSSIS 3.0 one. Went ok as did couple months before when returned cable box ending that service. Just on broadband and happy enough. Could be cheaper even w/ promo rate for low rung of speed 15/1 nearly $50 w/ rental fee.
Burns me seeing 1/1 gb in S Korea or Japan for $50. TWC has Man'h by the short fibers until/if FIOS gets to all. Fat chance.
But I do remember the hour+ waits back when RR first offered as DSL showed the worthlessness it is. Packed office, connections lost constantly, engineers checking lines, almost like on DSL. Be out for days only to finally come online. If Con Ed working in street, RR was sure to go out for building. So it goes.
Random fortune from 'news'
Of what you see in books, believe 75%. Of newspapers, believe 50%. And of
TV news, believe 25% -- make that 5% if the anchorman wears a blazer.

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

Woodside, NY
reply to Jawsinc

Not surprising at all that the new cable box that they gave me is giving me issues. The unresponsive CS rep gave me a Samsung SMT-H3262 cable box. I tried both of the remote codes on my CLICKR-5 = 001 and 030. 001 gets the remote to work partially but none of the buttons access the channel guide. Also when I change channels it does not tell me what program is on. So basically there is no way for me to know what I am watching.

SO anybody know if there is a way to get this to work? Is there a new code? Do I need a new remote?

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

Woodside, NY
reply to Jawsinc

HAHAHAHA!

I called them and they are beyond retarded as usual. Their big solution is to have a tech come out. I told her the remote works its just the info button. I told her I tried 2 remotes. I told her it works on the front panel of the cable box.

I give up. Im just going to live with it. Im not waiting around all day for some idiot tech to show up 3 hours late and swap the box back to the old piece of shit on that crapped out.

Im so over TWC!!! I hate them more than anyone can hate anything. They suck more than I though anything on this planet can suck.

TWC really gives a new definition to the word SUCK...

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15
reply to Jawsinc

said by Jawsinc:

Not surprising at all that the new cable box that they gave me is giving me issues. The unresponsive CS rep gave me a Samsung SMT-H3262 cable box. I tried both of the remote codes on my CLICKR-5 = 001 and 030. 001 gets the remote to work partially but none of the buttons access the channel guide. Also when I change channels it does not tell me what program is on. So basically there is no way for me to know what I am watching.

SO anybody know if there is a way to get this to work? Is there a new code? Do I need a new remote?

It sounds like the guide isn't loaded on the box, which is normally caused by a signal or provisioning problem.
--
Two is one, one is none. If it's important, have a back up... 99.999% availability just isn't enough sometimes.

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

Woodside, NY
reply to Jawsinc

So what does that mean? I already rebooted the box several times.

Their ineptness staggers me. The fact that i have to pay $150/mo for this garbage makes me want to jump off a bridge.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
SoCal

said by Jawsinc:

Their ineptness staggers me. The fact that i have to pay $150/mo for this garbage makes me want to jump off a bridge.

Do you happen to know what the cable box signal levels are? Especially for the modem inside?

I think you hold "select" on the front for about 10 seconds, then press the "up" arrow key.

BTW, what was the problem with the original box you replaced with this one?
--
Two is one, one is none. If it's important, have a back up... 99.999% availability just isn't enough sometimes.

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

Woodside, NY

I will check the signal level when I get home tonight.

The original box was only a few months old. It was a Cisco. Turned it on the other night and screen was frozen. Rebooted and got error message "cant load initial application". I don't remember the error code.

Wow thank god for DSLR and thank you DrDrew for your advice. I actually get help and tech support here. MUCH MUCH better help than the actual cable provider gives.

I know you guys are prob all over this but if not you NEED to watch it. They should just change "cable provider" to "TWC" HA!

»www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl···Mx7k7mso

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
SoCal

Sounds like the original box may have had signal issues too... it can't load the initial application if it can't download it from the network...

If so the box probably wasn't bad and your remote was programmed correctly to begin with (not sure now). You may also need a tech visit to track down the cause of the signal issues and fix them. But we should probably wait for signal levels from the box before going down that road...

Did you call tech support before going in to swap the box?

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

Woodside, NY

Yep. He just rebooted the box and then said "thats it, done, schedule Tech come out now!" like they always do.

the channel guide on the box in the other room currently works great.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
SoCal

said by Jawsinc:

Yep. He just rebooted the box and then said "thats it, done, schedule Tech come out now!" like they always do.

the channel guide on the box in the other room currently works great.

If you swap the box locations, does the problem follow the box or the room?

If just that one room has issues, then it may be a wire/splitter issue just to that room.
--

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

Woodside, NY

More great advice that TWC cannot provide!

No I did not try that & thank you for the advice. I definitely will when I get home and let you know.

Thank you again TWC Tech support, oops haha I meant DSLreports ;D

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
SoCal

Can you describe your cable setup? drop length, splitter config, # of cable outlets, lengths to outlets, etc.

Can you also provide the signal levels from your modem found at »192.168.100.1 ?

With that info I can make a better guess at the signal situation. In the end you may still need a tech at your home like TWC has said...
--

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

Woodside, NY

Modem/router locked by TWC so cant give you that info. I will give you other info when i get home.

No tech no way. Not happening. If it comes to that, I will just buy a TV guide I guess. TWC technidiots will definitely break something else if he comes in or something bad will happen and it will make this problem even worse. No way are they touching my shit. And i'm not going back to that 23rd street shithole just to be given another POS Cisco and be treated like a POS.

Satch

join:2009-11-25

said by Jawsinc:

Modem/router locked by TWC so cant give you that info. I will give you other info when i get home.

No tech no way. Not happening. If it comes to that, I will just buy a TV guide I guess. TWC technidiots will definitely break something else if he comes in or something bad will happen and it will make this problem even worse. No way are they touching my shit. And i'm not going back to that 23rd street shithole just to be given another POS Cisco and be treated like a POS.

There is such discrepancy with regards to the knowledge and attitude of TWC personnel from office to office and division to division. What can the customer do to complain if service at one of the local offices is terrible? Here in Wisconsin, it is like a night and day difference from what Jawsinc speaks of in the Woodside New York area. The techs at our local Wisconsin office are friendly and reasonably helpful. Field techs are pretty good as well. We have had cable for twenty-five years, maybe five to ten service calls, and I can really only recall one or two techs that were not good.

I think much depends on the attitude of the local management at each of these offices. If the managers' have POS attitudes, their employees will as well. If they care and are dedicated, the employees are helpful. TWC really needs to improve the customer employer relationship at offices with personnel problems. Customers are playing tons of money each year, and they deserve to be treated with respect and professional courtesy.

Satch

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

Woodside, NY

1 recommendation

No actually NYC sucks and you are treated like garbage daily and it is the accepted standard of living in this feces covered cesspool.

Thank god in heaven that I am leaving this godforsaken sh!thole permanently in a few months.

Twctwctwc

@myvzw.com
reply to Jawsinc

said by Jawsinc:

Did it occur to u problem might be a wirin issue in ur home that box swaps will not fix?

Regoparksam

@rcn.com
reply to Jawsinc

said by Jawsinc:

I don't like TWC either which is why I switched to rcn but to wanna jump from abridge because of an issue that might be fixed if u let a tech visit ur house. If they are indeed 3 hours late, u get 1 month free service so why not just do it. No matter how helpful dr drew and others are, we cannot see ur setup physically so there's only so much that can be troubleshooted.

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

Woodside, NY
reply to Twctwctwc

Every inch of coax, every splitter, router/modem, cable boxes, everything has been replace from the countless endless sea of problems i've had constantly with them since day one. Even the wiring in the hallway, down the side of the bldg. Thanks for the attempt but no, its not wiring.

Im not stupid, Im almost 100% sure that it is an incompatibility with the remote and the cable box and the retards at TWC are so stupid that they don't even know or care that they are giving out cable boxes to their customers that are not compatible with their universal remotes.

Man I REALLY hope someone someday starts up a class action lawsuit against them for all their bullsh!t.

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

Woodside, NY
reply to Regoparksam

No your wrong. You don't automatically get a month of free service. You have to beg for it like a homeless man. I rarely get any compensation for my wasted time and sanity from them.

Thats so cool that you have RCN. Good for you. Well I have no choice in my building. Its just f***ing s**ta** TWC...or nothing.

scififan68

join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE
reply to Jawsinc

I had issues with my houses electrical wiring being wired backwards(Hot/neutral reversed), which was the cause of 30volts AC going through the coaxial on the dvr, we had all kind of odd issues, such as a more pixelation than normal, random internet drops and spontaneous reboots of the Arris tg862G modem. I also had to swap out the dvr for another because the other kept behaving strangely. Since I have removed the source of the issue, there has been no reboots of my modem by itself. There is still small bouts of noise when it rains, but other than that its fixed. The DVR seems to work better as well.

TWC came out many times and said my signal was perfect and no issues found and it was getting very annoying. I read about receptacle tester and decided to buy one, well turns out the dvr was plugged into a backwards outlet, one of many I've found in this older house, seems this is common in older dwellings. Because who knows what the former owners have done to the wiring. Original wiring is usually correctly done, but added stuff is usually wrong.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
reply to Jawsinc

There is this great thing called a TV Guide that is available online and in print still. It works great and tells you what you are watching BEFORE you turn the channel.

Jawsinc
Jaws Incorporated

Woodside, NY

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No its CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!!!