All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kb0nly
join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

[MN] Digital Adapter, Awesome, DCI105MCC... About Time!!

Finally MC has a decent little, and i mean TINY, STB for us family cable subscribers! I have digital tuner TV's but the channel layout is super annoying here, spreading out the channels above 23 onto weird channels like 20-X and 54-X, takes you five mins to remember what channel you wanted and then enter it on the remote keypad, super inconvenient.

I got an email about my area going all digital shortly and it was offering three free digital adapters. I ordered one for an older TV i use in my workshop, no need for a fancy tv there, and wow was i surprised at the video quality even on this older tv.

Just for the heck of it, i put it on one of my digital tuner tv's, these are older LCD models, so they are an earlier digital tuner if that makes any difference, they wrongly assigned channels and made it a mess, i tried scanning and rescanning and editing, just a mess. Had to tape a paper to the remote with the odd channel assignments to find what i wanted to watch.

The digital adapter helped me there to, giving me the digital signals but on channels i am used to, 23-78 etc. I think its a win-win unit.

Also, the Logitech Harmony remotes, i use one to run all the devices in my living room, now have the DCI105MCC in its device finder. So its plug and play if you have one of these remotes. The remote that comes with the DCI105MCC is actually a decent uncomplicated remote, not a huge mega button unit, just controls the basic tv functions and channel on the STB.

If anyone needs a digital adapter or has the channel assignment problems that i had with these older digital tv's i recommend you get one of these digital adapters. I have two of them now, the other tv's in the house are new LCD's and they don't seem to have any channel assignment issues.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I am glad these worked out for you! Let me know here if you have any questions or issues.
kb0nly
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

I did message you about an unrelated issue... LOL

I have helped about a dozen customers here install these now. Being the computer support guy in the area they all seem to call me for household problems. These digital adapters have been the ticket to fix most cable woes. I got one working with a DVR the other day to, nice that they shipped the digital adapter with an IR extension cable!

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I've sent some information over to you there. Thanks for helping everyone out! I'm sure they are happy to have someone like you around.
kb0nly
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

They are even happier to have someone like you around Chad! Keep up the good work... I would much rather get on here and PM you than call the support line, what a nightmare on there lately. I don't know why but it seems like the last month or two the wait times are horrendous and the staff seems to be a bit behind on their info. They didn't even know we have 30mb internet here when a neighbor of mine called to order it!

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Thank you for the kind words! Let me know if you have any other questions or issues.