spc
Search similar:

uniqs
spookypuff66
join:2003-11-10
Silverthorne, CO

spookypuff66

Resetting IP address in router

I am unable to get into Microsoft base station MN 100. I have typed in the URL 192.168.2.1. No joy. Have reset the router, No joy. Help.TIA
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

»192.168.1.1 ?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by ExoticFish:

»192.168.1.1 ?

According to the user manual at »support.microsoft.com/kb/902461 the factory default url is http://192.168.2.1, and how many users do you think would actually change something from Microsoft's default configuration? Plus, the OP did in fact say that the router had been reset (implying that the default IP address should be what is being used).
NetFixer

NetFixer to spookypuff66

Premium Member

to spookypuff66
said by spookypuff66:

I am unable to get into Microsoft base station MN 100. I have typed in the URL 192.168.2.1. No joy. Have reset the router, No joy. Help.TIA

My guess would be that it is time to purchase a new router. That Windows 98 vintage box (the user manual even warns that you will not be able to use the CD based setup utility if you run Windows 2000) has had a good run; it may be time to put it out to pasture.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut
join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

FifthE1ement to spookypuff66

to spookypuff66
said by spookypuff66:

Try another browser. I have issues with Google Chrome when using DD-WRT and I've had other issues before. Try using Internet Explorer. Also check to see what the IP is coming from the device. What version of Windows do you have? Windows go to the network settings and right click and go to properties. Then Local Area Connection and click details. Windows 7 it's similar but right click and go to Open Network and Sharing Center and then in the center right of that window click the Local Area Connection link and finally the details button in the window that pops up. The default gateway or DHCP server IP is what you need to type to get to the router/gateway settings. Let us know what happens and good luck.

5th
Jeremy W
join:2010-01-21

Jeremy W to spookypuff66

to spookypuff66
Slightly off topic, but the MN-100 was one of the best routers I've ever owned. The features it had were practically unmatched in consumer routers back then, and I was very sad when mine bit the dust after it was discontinued.
spookypuff66
join:2003-11-10
Silverthorne, CO

2 edits

spookypuff66 to FifthE1ement

to FifthE1ement
Thanks for the replies. I am away from home and running Ubunto 12.4. The WISP provider requires a static IP address + a specific gateway setting. The mask is standard.
I want to hook up a Roku. The only way I know of as to how to make the connection is to hook up a router and change the settings.
I use Comcast at home and read and post on this forum. I will upgrade the router if that is the only way to get the Roku on line.
Another option? Purchase a new Roku 3.
"The improvements in the Roku 3 focus on making it even easier to connect to the box from the app. If the Roku player isn’t automatically detected by the app, users now have the ability to enter the IP address of the box manually."