spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080

more likely

it's more likely that they have enough market share due to lack of competition from Time Warner, Cablevision & RCN as to not do any more. some of these locations are in poor neighborhoods in Brooklyn and upper Manhattan where consumers can't afford to pay Verizon $150 a month in revenue..

that said, I'd welcome $70 Google fiber anytime. That's what Cablevision's boost plus will cost out of contract/discounts. $69.95 which is to say, if they don't throw you a bone, they're throwing you off to the competition.. Yay, more upstream..

HardwareGeek
join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY

HardwareGeek

Verizon is always in my neighborhood trying to get landlord permission they go door to door to door asking for landlord permission to be able to install fios. Lucky for me my landlord allows them but others have not and my neighbor is depressed I get super fast feeds and he is stuck with either DSL or Cable.

Whats funny Verizon is allowed to install DSL just not FIOS because of the ONT.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080

said by HardwareGeek:

Verizon is always in my neighborhood trying to get landlord permission they go door to door to door asking for landlord permission to be able to install fios. Lucky for me my landlord allows them but others have not and my neighbor is depressed I get super fast feeds and he is stuck with either DSL or Cable.

Whats funny Verizon is allowed to install DSL just not FIOS because of the ONT.

If the building is not too far away, you could share the network over ether WIFI or a LOONG weatherproof Ethernet cable.. (don't cheap out, use the good stuff)