how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ehilerio

@belz.com

Century Link Gigabit Fiber

At Home i have Fiber to the house with Centurylink but the speed is only 40M

what will it take For Centurylink To update this area to Gigabit Internet?

Ken1943

join:2001-12-30
Denver, CO
Google

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
reply to ehilerio
+1^

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 edit
reply to ehilerio
It will take success in their test market. If it falls flat, they will probably shelve any chances of further roll outs anytime soon.

Does anyone know how many homes in West Omaha have ftth already? I'd have to imagine quite a few. Rolling out fiber to 48k homes and have it completed by early October doesn't leave much time. Heck Google announces plans to start building a fiber network nearly a year in advance and Centurylink plans to have this done in 5 months.

scififan68

join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
I know they have been upgrading to vdsl2/prism tv in Omaha. Also in the news I've seen a lot of road closures due to fiber installation.

A lot of West Omaha is fairly new, its a bunch of urban sprawl, so any telecom infrastructure is pretty new there. From what I've read it sounds like they already have FTTN and they are upgrading it to FTTP, so It's hard to know how many homes already have fiber. The first area to have this rolled out already has an old cable system called Choice TV with analog tv and internet(Docsis1.1) service built in like 1995, but Century Link will phase this out by 2014. Moving users to the newer fiber system and taking out any coaxial. Also here is an FAQ for Omaha fiber: »shop.centurylink.com/customerSer···ahafiber (For any information I may have missed.)

ehilerio

@bhn.net
reply to silbaco
well here in saint cloud FL i now the Steven Plantation subdivision 300+ houses are all FTTP and almost all new Construction is FFTP
in this Side of town