Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sri

join:2013-05-01
Irvine, CA

1 edit

[ADSL2] Signing up for the 'Basic+: 1500/384Kbps' service

I am interested in signing up for the 'Basic+: 1500/384Kbps' service at [mod edit -- address removed for privacy reasons -- fatness] Irvine, CA 92604

Questions:

1. Does anyone use dslextreme around this region?

2. What are all the costs involved and when can I begin the service (do I need to signup for POTS from AT&T and pay for that in addition to the DSL? etc ...)

3. Does dslextreme now have their technical CS at CA?

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:29

1 recommendation

We do have customers in Irvine, but I couldn't really tell you if there's anyone else on, say, your block which is getting service; our database isn't really set up to search like that.

I'm having a little bit of trouble getting prequalification for that address, however. If you're in an AT&T area, then yes, you'd need to have a live POTS line to get service from us.

While we have some Tier 1 techs overseas, all Tier 2 are located here in California.

(Btw - I wouldn't post your address on a public forum. Usually better to just send that in PM if needed.)

sri

Irvine, CA
That's the address of the apartment I am going to be in. Although these are apartments, they name it like a building.

How do I find out if I am in an ATT or VZW area?

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
I would assume the landlord of the apartment would know. Failing that, you could ask around your neighbors. You should also be able to call AT&T or Verizon and ask them if it's their service area.

sri

Irvine, CA
OK, but be it an AT&T or Verizon area, I would have to pay for a separate POTS line and then pay for your service over and above that?

What are the rates for a basic AT&T or Verizon POTS (or Dry DSL line if they offer it)?
Expand your moderator at work

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to sri

Re: [ADSL2] Signing up for the 'Basic+: 1500/384Kbps' service

If it's AT&T territory, you have to have a live POTS line, which you'd pay AT&T for each month (in addition to what you pay us for the DSL). Pricing varies, but if you're trying to trim that as low as possible you may want to see if you can get "metered service".

If it's Verizon territory, you can get "dry loop" service - DSL without having to pay for POTS on the side.

Again, I'm having trouble prequaling your location. I can't seem to find a match for your street number precisely, but I was able to find matches between #1 and #92 and the lower ones seem to indicate it's AT&T territory - but the higher ones seem to be indicating that it's out of range of both AT&T and Verizon, so I'm not sure if it's on the border or what. I'd suggest calling in (800-774-3379) and seeing if any of our sales reps can get a valid prequal for your location.

andre2

join:2005-08-24
Brookline, MA
Verizon no longer offers dry loop to new customers. It only allows customers who already have it to keep it. (Unless they changed their policy very recently.)

Edit: Never mind, I think you meant getting it from DSLX in Verizon territory. (Which is what I have, in fact.)