All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
watts3000
join:2002-01-21

watts3000

looking for good print toner company

Guys I need to purchase some print toner for a Dell 2350DN I normally buy OEM but this toner is expensive. So I would like to ask are there any good after market toner place out there if you know of any please let me know?
Insder
There never was a second I in my name
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Salem, MA

Insder

Premium Member

said by watts3000:

Guys I need to purchase some print toner for a Dell 2350DN I normally buy OEM but this toner is expensive. So I would like to ask are there any good after market toner place out there if you know of any please let me know?

I've ordered from Monoprice with good results before.

Appears to be about half the price of the OEM product:
»www.monoprice.com/home/f ··· _id=4861

Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium Member
join:2003-07-11
Martinez, CA

Veloslave to watts3000

Premium Member

to watts3000
Actually... since it got brought up, if anyone knows of a supplier that they have had good luck with for maintenance kits... actual HP branded... AND they handle gov or K12 P.O.'s... please do share!

Thank you!
mikefxu
join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL

mikefxu to watts3000

to watts3000
I have had good results with LD Products (4inkjets.com) and MPI (MonoPrice.com). Sometimes you can find LD Products cheaper elsewhere, eBay or Amazon.com. If you can control what items are purchase you can lower cost on equipment selection when considering ongoing cost.

roc5955
Premium Member
join:2005-11-26
Rosendale, NY

roc5955

Premium Member

We have had awful luck with LD toners. They seem like just drill and fills. Sometimes they have no toner in them, sometimes toner leaks all over the place. Sometimes the print quality is poor, like the drum is worn out.

We haven't tried others yet, we just stick to brand name carts.
mikefxu
Titusville, FL

2 edits

mikefxu

Maybe you got a re-re-manufactured LD cartridge. I have never had a problem and have been through quite a few, through an assortment of machines. I did note some of the LD Products on Amazon.com got bad reviews for specific machines, but I never had a problem.

Dell 2350DN (PK941 toner). Looks like you have a bastard machine I think for the specific machine you are probably best buying genuine toner on eBay and never buy a rebranded Dell printer again.
watts3000
join:2002-01-21

watts3000

I think I will go through Ebay our old laser was an HP Laserjet and toner was cheap for it so I always bought HP toner. Although we did have the printer for 12 years.
mikefxu
Titusville, FL

mikefxu

HP makes (possibly made) great printers, plenty of quality aftermarket cartridges and replacement parts can also be found cheaply. We had a HP LaserJet 5si in use for 13 years and the only reason it was replaced is a copier with print function made it redundant.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm to watts3000

Premium Member

to watts3000
Monoprice and Newegg for us. We bought a few Elite Image cartridges and they work well in our 1710n.

roc5955
Premium Member
join:2005-11-26
Rosendale, NY

roc5955 to mikefxu

Premium Member

to mikefxu
said by mikefxu:

Maybe you got a re-re-manufactured LD cartridge. I have never had a problem and have been through quite a few, through an assortment of machines. I did note some of the LD Products on Amazon.com got bad reviews for specific machines, but I never had a problem.

Not a chance. We got them straight from LD, on contract. They had about a 60% failure rate. Needless to say we will not be buying any more LD carts.
mikefxu
Titusville, FL

mikefxu to watts3000

to watts3000
Odd, we use three different HP cartridges and never had a problem.

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

dbmaven to watts3000

Mod

to watts3000

(topic move) looking for good print toner company

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »All in one ?