uniqs

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

[IMG] Thought I saw something new the other day...

A few days ago I was flipping through some channels and noticed that the names of two-or-so main cast members were prominently displayed on the info bar on the bottom of the screen, just beneath the program title and above the program description. I thought that was a great improvement but now things seem to have reverted back to the old look where you have to click through a couple of layers on the big info screen to see the cast.

Was Verizon just experimenting or is a change in the works? I know I wasn't seeing things. I'm in VHO8, if it matters.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

You weren't seeing things.
I noticed it too, but it's now gone.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2 to Steely

Premium Member

to Steely
Also saw the cast names on the info bar. But now it's gone. That would be a start to improving the guide info.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to Steely

MVM

to Steely
»Cast Info Disappeared Today

I have had that cast info on the Info banner for a long time (like months and months if not longer). Recently it disappeared for a day - see above. It came back shortly after then the other day it went away again and remains that way for now.

BTW, the last comment in my thread above about it only showing on weekends was never true for me. It was present always until the recent issues.

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride to johnf2

Anon

to johnf2
My tivo premieres have always done this it has cast names ,year the program was first shown,aspect(1080i or 720),what rating the program is (pg,R,MA),also what type of show (crime, action,drama,or comedy. It even tells me what episode(8) and season (2) the program was from! I think verizon shoud do this with there boxes,unless it infringes on the tivos patents.

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

said by celticpride :

My tivo premieres have always done this it has cast names ,year the program was first shown,aspect(1080i or 720),what rating the program is (pg,R,MA),also what type of show (crime, action,drama,or comedy. It even tells me what episode(8) and season (2) the program was from! I think verizon shoud do this with there boxes,unless it infringes on the tivos patents.

TiVo shows all that on the bottom of the screen every time you tune to a new channel? I'd think you'd need a pair of binoculars to read all of that!

Seriously, the cast info I saw last week may only have been evidence of work in progress, but it was a big step in the right direction. I have no idea why this wasn't put into effect a long time ago or what could possibly be holding it up now.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by Steely:

TiVo shows all that on the bottom of the screen every time you tune to a new channel? I'd think you'd need a pair of binoculars to read all of that!

I bet TIVO will sue for royalties if another manufacturer provides cast info on the bottom of the screen. Patent-laws are so overblown in the technology sector yet its one reason TIVO has had a profit the last 2 years.

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

It's been awhile since Comcast was my provider, but I'm pretty sure they showed cast info on their equivalent of the info bar.

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to Steely

MVM

to Steely
said by Steely:

said by celticpride :

Seriously, the cast info I saw last week may only have been evidence of work in progress, but it was a big step in the right direction. I have no idea why this wasn't put into effect a long time ago or what could possibly be holding it up now.

Again, odd that I have had the cast info on the Info banner for a very long time yet others are only seeing it recently. Yes, it's been gone the last few days but other than a blip the other week I have had it at least since 1.9.

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

And just like that the cast names are back...hopefully for good!

HenryFarpolo
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

HenryFarpolo

Premium Member

It is on here also.

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by HenryFarpolo:

It is on here also.

Not here in VHO1.

HenryFarpolo
Premium Member
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

HenryFarpolo

Premium Member

said by Nezmo:

said by HenryFarpolo:

It is on here also.

Not here in VHO1.

It's like a strippers wardrobe...on again...off again!!

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

said by HenryFarpolo:

It's like a strippers wardrobe...on again...off again!!

Yup...and it's off again!

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to Steely

MVM

to Steely
And back again...
Nezmo

Nezmo

MVM

And gone again.

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

Yeah, it's mostly been gone. I don't get it. What's so difficult about displaying a couple of cast names? And why the peek-a-boo thing?

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to Steely

MVM

to Steely
And back again today.

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

Yup, noticed it this morning. But I've learned not to get excited about it because it will almost certainly be gone again by the time I get back to my television!
Steely

Steely

Premium Member

Somewhat shockingly, it's still there a day later! Dare I get my hopes up again?
sbernstein5
join:2005-01-18
10024-5650

sbernstein5

said by Steely:

Somewhat shockingly, it's still there a day later! Dare I get my hopes up again?

Yep, maybe back to stay???