how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fallen_Anjel

join:2011-04-07
Rocky Point, NY

I am so sick and tired--

of missing the END of every single show I watch. EVERY SINGLE ONE! I record shows every single day. And I miss the ending of EVERY SINGLE ONE. Someone a while back mentioned this is a programming issue not the box issue, so who do I call to complain? Can I post in the other support forum>

Not only do I miss the end of every single show I can't record a show over. I can't change the time in the "scheduled recordings" list, and if there's a show after it I can't record over because I then cannot schedule THAT because I get a error message stating that I already have a recording set for that show" (when in reality it's just the show before it)

I am CLOSEASTHIS to dumping the DVR box and picking up a few VCR's off craigslist. I have NO PROBLEM using a VCR w/ my 2005 27" Magnavox CRT TV!

Now as the new Samsung boxes are being given out more and more w/ this new DVR+ crap, you can't even rewind tv anymore??? WTH is that? My sister has DVR+ and she can't rewind tv anymore, she can only pause it for 15 minutes. If that DVR+ ever becomes the "norm" I'll have to have the DVR running 24/7/365 just so I can rewind. I'm seeing TiVo in my day dreams more and more.

Cablevision has come a long way in the 22 years I've had them and it sure as heck isn't for the better!

rsang1981

join:2013-05-01
Bogota, NJ
Here's a thought, just record the show you watch live and you can rewind it. Then just erase after you watch. Problem solved.

misstheend

@optonline.net
reply to Fallen_Anjel
Samsung box has nothing to do with the DVR+. Any box will control DVR+.

Cablevision boxes are set to a standard clock, it changes at the identical time my cell phone changes and my "atomic clock" changes. You will have to complain to the networks because they don't start and end programming on the hour.
You could also add a minute to the end when you program your DVR. The DVR+ has an option to add the minute, maybe they should give that option with the regular DVR.

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ
reply to Fallen_Anjel
The program guide info will also determine when it starts and stops. TiVo seems to update their guide info more. If a show goes from 9:00pm - 10:02pm TiVo usually catches it.

DVR+ can only do what it can with the information it is using. It could be a combination of multiple factors.

Over seas a lot of shows do not have commercials and start and stop at weird times. The program guides need to be kept accurate and updated.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
To rewind live TV on DVR+ you need to pause briefly. At that point you will be getting a recorded stream that isn't saved once you go back live or change channel, but you can rewind 15 mins.

The only reason a DVR+ recording should end 30 seconds early, or something like that is if the network start/times don't line up with the actual X:00:00. If they say it does, but it ends 15 seconds early, CV will not know to record it.

majortom1029

join:2006-10-19
Lindenhurst, NY
kudos:1
reply to Fallen_Anjel
This is why you always add 2 minutes to the scheduled record time of any show.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Fallen_Anjel
So dramatic!

Most network shows end three or four minutes early then go to commercial then show scenes for next week
I don't watch "spoilers" for next episode so I rarely have your issue.

I do add one minute to certain cable shows that run up to last minute and cut off maybe 10 seconds

DarienRedSox

join:2013-02-10
Darien, CT
reply to majortom1029
Some systems know to do this automatically, such as U-Verse, however this was the least of my complaints when I had DVR+ for a very painful 2 weeks.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
You would run into issues if you're recording 2 shows in the next timeslot and the box is trying to automatically add extra time. Some logic could go into it, but I'd be content if the box remembered weekly settings of "X minutes later" instead of going back to the regular ending time after 1 episode.

cowbawx

join:2002-03-04
Lawrence, NY
kudos:1
reply to Fallen_Anjel
Stop whining. Pretend like DVR's don't exist. Oh no, now you can't record any shows at all! Like a previous poster wrote... If you have a problem, watch it live. If you have an issue, buy your own DVR, or don't watch anything and wait for the DVD release after the season ends. Else, use a VCR.

gambitNJ

join:2012-11-15
Boonton, NJ
reply to Fallen_Anjel
That's why there is an option to add time at the end of your recordings! I know for a fact TiVo has that option when recording season passes...

blohner

join:2002-06-26
Cortlandt Manor, NY
reply to Fallen_Anjel
I still don't get what any of this has to do with OOL - none of this is an internet provider problem - and that is what OOL is .... This is not a Cable TV forum...
--
I am addicted to speed --- Boost + speed that is ---

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
^^^
OP thinks it is

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
reply to blohner
While technically it is labeled the OOL forum, I believe that it is the correct forum for a discussion of any of Cablevision's services. I suspect that is why when you start a topic there is an option to label it as an iO topic.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

blohner

join:2002-06-26
Cortlandt Manor, NY

1 recommendation

Agreed - but this post is not labeled as such...
P.S. I don't have TV - I don't care about TV - as long as my internet is humming along I am fine...

Enough OT...
--
I am addicted to speed --- Boost + speed that is ---

gambitNJ

Boonton, NJ
hate to break it to ya, but the majority of the topics in this forum is for optimums cable TV service... If you want a strictly internet forum then you should create a strictly internet forum website and promote it

gambitNJ

Boonton, NJ
reply to blohner
Oh and BTW, if ya read the top of the forum, it clearly states that it is for every Cablevision Service

aztr0

join:2007-10-28
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Fallen_Anjel
Set recording options to stop specified minutes after. I often set it to 10 minutes after the show supposedly ends.

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY
reply to Fallen_Anjel
I set my recordings to end 5 minutes late. It may do it the one time, but it never sticks for a series recording. I have to do it every week. Annoying.