join:2013-02-02
Cambridge, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy TekTalk

[Rant] Rogers Invoicing

Gave 30 days notice to Rogers March 1st to cancel home phone. Switch to Voip April 1st. I returned Rogers equipment April 3 rd. Was left a message middle of April that if i did not return their ATA i would be billed. Spoke to CSR rep and gave the Rogers store, date, time & rep to where i returned it to. They will put this in my file everything is good. Get my bill today and i am billed for non return of their equipment.

Round three tomorrow with another rep. Time to cancel cable also and cut the cord.

I have been in service for 32 yrs if we billed like this i would not have a job.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
Sadly this is not even considered a billing mistake. This is just how they've designed the process and made it unnecessarily complex.

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
kudos:1
i retuened my modem and got a receipt from store rep that stated modem was returmed, didnt u get/ask for one

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·voip.ms
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by vincom:

i retuened my modem and got a receipt from store rep that stated modem was returmed, didnt u get/ask for one

+1

Same here when I returned my ATA and also when I returned my cable modem. And I keep those receipts for a while, just in case.
--
Start Communications Forum

Maxx2006

Cambridge, ON
reply to Maxx2006
@ vincom & MichelR

I do have a receipt and should have stated that. It's the time spent sorting this out that just irks me!

@ yyzlhr

I do believe you are so correct there process is just flawed!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Maxx2006
said by Maxx2006:

I have been in service for 32 yrs if we billed like this i would not have a job.

Yeah, but robbers has no competition, so they can get away with it.

Maxx2006

Cambridge, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy TekTalk
reply to Maxx2006
An email on my modem return.

quote:
You recently made us aware of charges applied to your Rogers account for unreturned rental equipment that you presumed to have already returned.

Upon further investigation, we have since been able to locate the equipment in question, and all associated charges have been reversed.
Is not this nice as i had a receipt and was not going to pay anymore.

Sunfox

join:2003-12-14
Markham, ON
quote:
You recently made us aware of charges applied to your Rogers account for unreturned rental equipment that you presumed to have already returned.

Upon further investigation, we have since been able to locate the equipment in question, and all associated charges have been reversed.
"Presumed" is a rather odd word to use. Maybe even insulting. For example, here's a definition: "To take for granted as being true in the absence of proof to the contrary." Guess that receipt really isn't considered "proof to the contrary", and they were just being nice even though they didn't have to.

An uncle of mine had this happen - returned a cable box and remote, got a charge for a remote on his next bill. Crazy part is even with a receipt specifically indicating return of remote (I suggested they do this before they even returned it), it still took him a number of phone calls to finally get it cleared up.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
I agree. It should have said "that we presumed that you had not returned."