icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium Member
join:2007-07-08
Rochester, NH

icedcorn

Premium Member

Anyone else having Internet issues?

I'm in Rochester NH and for the last two nights my internet has dropped and my cable modem lights are crazy. It will lock and then resync. Then it will lock. Then I'll lose my IP address on the modem. Then it will cycle through.

I used Metrocast chat on my cellular ipad (yay!) and they told me there was some "noise in the lines" in Rochester and techs were working on it.

What does that mean? I assume it's affecting others and that it's not just *my* line that has "noise" in it...

jrobert69
How High?
Premium Member
join:2001-05-19
Las Vegas, NV

jrobert69

Premium Member

I have not noticed any issues lately.

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?
join:2001-03-30
Brierfield, AL

tenpin784 to icedcorn

to icedcorn
Just curious, but what lights are blinking? Anything in modem logs?

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium Member
join:2007-07-08
Rochester, NH

icedcorn

Premium Member

No. it acts like I just unplugged it - all liights go out besides power...then receive blinks, then send blinks...then online...then send and receive go blue. It worked..and then reset.

Metrocast techs said it was because there was "noise" in the system - it was not just me, neighbors had it also.
Octavion
join:2013-05-12
Barrington, NH

Octavion to icedcorn

to icedcorn
Noise on the line refers to SNR (signal-to-noise-ratio). Basically something on the lines outside the home and in the general area cause a lot of noise and disrupting the internet. The way you describe the lights are very common for what the tech told you. All you can do in this situation is wait for the tech to go out and find the source of the noise and get rid of it.