spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

join:2013-02-02
Whistler, BC

Ping/Jitter Problems

ok so the other day when i was testing my ping on pingtest, i was getting the weirdest results, giant jitters all the way from 20-50 or more, it was crazy, i thought something was wrong with pingtest.net at first, but then the next day it sorta fixed, and it only happens when i ping certain places now, but even on the line quality test in the tools section of this site which seems pretty legit, my results were great a month ago, now when testing small packets its fine, but as soon as it starts to test with big packets it gets insane spikes and pretty much stops the testing because of it, i don't know whats happening here but i i tested last night and got weird results when not playing games, and i tested tonight while both xbox's were connected to make sure nothing weird was happening because of the load on the connection, if its related to the load, it should be fixed by upgrading my bandwidth which i plan to do in about a week, it doesn't make any sense to me this would be causing it tho, could other people plz test there lines to make sure its not a thing happening to all shaw customers or vancouver area customers right now, plz check my line test results here »/testhistory/1856317/ab15f

the test to note is the first test i made at 5am on the 30th after having some of the weirdest lag i have ever had on the last 2 games i played, u can clearly see the spikes, then 1 more bad test after that, and 2 almost normal ones before they started to get really weird when i tested today

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Which test specifically?

I don't see an issue with your results, the ones I looked at anyway
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

Whistler, BC
plz look at the tests on the second of may at 12:22 am, 12:48 am, 1:13 am, and 3:59 am

u can definitely see something going on there

Whistler, BC

1 edit
reply to 18286719
like WTF is this

and go look at my most recent line quality test on this site, (4:15 today) the results are horrific

Whistler, BC

1 edit
thought it was related to bit torrent, now verified BT has nothing to do with it as i just got horrible results and BT hasnt been on in over and hour

Whistler, BC
now playing games with bit torrent off and im getting crazy lag/ping spikes

Whistler, BC

3 edits
my console used to always read bandwidth as 10000 in the black ops 2 options menu, 10000 is the max, now after all these issues ive been having it refuses to hit 10000 and only hits 1555, the only thing thats happening on my network right now is the apple tv is being used to stream media stored on a drive on my computer, this should have zero effect on my connection quality

MY INTERNET IS F....ING BROKEN I CAN NOT PLAY GAMES ONLINE

Edit i think i solved it by switching my firewall tcp and udp filtering to what it was, there is a set of instructions on the internet that sais to set up dir 655 for xbox live u are suppost to change them both to endpoint independent, now lets play and see if its fixed

ShadowMeph

join:2005-10-09
Abbotsford, BC

3 edits
reply to 18286719
I was wondering about what was going on becasue I was playing SWTOR online and would get really bad lag at first I had thought that it was the server but that was last week and even most web sites that I go to are slow to load I tryied as many different web browsers as I could find and every one of the web browser had the same thing going on slow web pages loading from various sites the next this I am going to try ( was suggested for a test from a different forum) was to load windows XP in vm and try that not sure what that will do but I just want to make sure that it is thje ISP and not something in windows 8
Wow I just ran 4 tests and this is the best one out of them all

»www.pingtest.net/result/80723907.png
hm ok so I restarted my router now my ping has dropped way down to 16 but I am at an average of 55% packet loss

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
If rebooting your router made that difference, what effect does bypassing it have?
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.