ltm
@direcway.com

ltm to ltm

Anon

to ltm

Re: When you get close to the truth, HughesNet really freaks out

Sara responded to me yesterday, in the following thread:

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· ce-o06rk

If you read her response carefully, you will see that she does not even try to refute what I have been saying. In fact, she says: "your hypothesis [is] compelling," and: "I see how you could be drawn to make statements like this." Her only argument is to recite the litany of site-specific problems that might afflict a customer's system. I wouldn't disagree with any of these points, of course, but this is a digression from the main issue.

There is only one substantive critique in her entire response, and it is very weak: "[W]ithout all the information available to you it's really unfair to make these generalizations."

I agree with this point, too. If HughesNet would give me more information, my generalizations would be more fair.

You will see that I offered to continue the technical discussion, if Sara would restore my original thread to the main page. So far, I have not received a response to my offer.
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

Don't hold your breath, you can't hold it for that long.

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk to ltm

Premium Member

to ltm
"[W]ithout all the information available to you it's really unfair to make these generalizations."

Everyone knows that electronics are powered by "magic smoke".
If you let the magic smoke out it doesn't work any longer.

The same thing goes with too much information. If the customer knew what was going on, then pulling the wool over their eyes becomes much harder.

One of Patrick Fishers replies to you had an "edge" not usually found in his responses. Perhaps one of your questions was getting too close to revealing the existence of the Magic Smoke.
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

POOF/ UP IN SMOKE