And A NY Times link

»www.nytimes.com/2013/05/02/busin ··· tml?_r=0

Looking forward to this.

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Re: Glenn Beck Announes "The Blaze" Coming by end of M

oh god. that nutjob managed to get back on tv..apparently with enough help from his nutjob followers to flood CV with requests.

Why am I paying this nutjob's salary?!
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
reply to doppler
We need Current TV on Cablevision just to balance out this addition that I will never watch (along with Fake Fox News).

MxxCon

Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

I don't think it's possible to balance out Beck's crazy..

milan22

join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ
Wonder where they will put it?

Maybe in the 90's somewhere. or the 100's in the teens.

rick0204

join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ
How about right next to LOGO?

civic110

@optonline.net
We can get this, but we can't get WLNY rolled out?

Olias
Closer to believing
Premium
join:2004-05-08
Wayne, NJ
reply to rick0204
said by rick0204:

How about right next to LOGO?

Joking or not, it can't be done. Logo is 179, while 178 is TVONE and 180 is OWN. Best bet would be in the 160's.
--
A clock unwinds, a flower dies...

civic110

@optonline.net
According to the FB page, channel 157/828.

Booooo

@optonline.net
reply to MxxCon
said by MxxCon:

Why am I paying this nutjob's salary?!

They're probably paying CV to carry the channel.

bcronin
Premium
join:2004-03-27
Hyde Park, NY
reply to MxxCon
Questions about the sanity of Glenn Beck aside, I agree having to pay for channels you'll never watch or have issues with is frustrating (in nearly the same way as having to pay taxes to fund things you'll never use or agree with is). Sadly, I don't think its going to change unless/until we can get more choice as to individual channels we receive. I don't think that is at all likely without a huge technology change to facilitate it.
--
bc

M A R S
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Long Island
kudos:1
reply to doppler
said by doppler:

Looking forward to this.

Like a hemorrhoid.

wsudelt
Premium
join:2002-12-03
New Canaan, CT

2 recommendations

reply to doppler
While generally one to keep posts apolitical, I have to say the knee-jerk reaction from the left never ceases to amaze me when it comes to 1st Amendment issues, particularly how opposing viewpoints are and ought to be treated. Guessing that the tin-foil crowd doesn't have to worry about the possibility of Cablevision having been taken over by the right...likely a simple business decision that you may or may not agree with. If you don't agree, don't watch, voice your opinion to Cablevision, or cancel services.

ilsno

@optonline.net
I have no problem with Glenn Beck but again I ask: where are the remaining Showtime and Starz HD Channels ??

doppler

join:2003-03-31
Blue Point, NY

1 recommendation

reply to wsudelt
said by wsudelt:

While generally one to keep posts apolitical, I have to say the knee-jerk reaction from the left never ceases to amaze me when it comes to 1st Amendment issues, particularly how opposing viewpoints are and ought to be treated. Guessing that the tin-foil crowd doesn't have to worry about the possibility of Cablevision having been taken over by the right...likely a simple business decision that you may or may not agree with. If you don't agree, don't watch, voice your opinion to Cablevision, or cancel services.

Funny how the most vocal groups screaming at the top of their lungs to be tolerant. Are in fact the most intolerant.

If you look at the ratings, even with a 70:1 ratio of access. The one still beats out the 70. So it reasons that any lowering of the ratio has to challenged and shouted down.

MxxCon

Brooklyn, NY
reply to bcronin
said by bcronin:

(in nearly the same way as having to pay taxes to fund things you'll never use or agree with is)

I have no problems paying taxes for social security to help less fortunate.
I have a problem paying my CABLE TV BILL to help a radical extremist promote his political agenda of fear, uncertainty, doubt and gold.
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]
Expand your moderator at work