spc
uniqs
TheSMJ
join:2009-08-19
Farmington, MI

TheSMJ to Drex

to Drex

Re: Alarm monitoring cost

How are you guys finding local companies? When I Google it, all I end up with are local ADT resellers.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

said by TheSMJ:

How are you guys finding local companies? When I Google it, all I end up with are local ADT resellers.

Some times a phone book with Yellow Pages works wonders ...LOL...

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

said by pende_tim:

said by TheSMJ:

They still send those out? LOL We do not get one because we do not have a Verizon landline.
TheSMJ
Farmington, MI

TheSMJ to pende_tim

to pende_tim
said by pende_tim:

said by TheSMJ:

I don't have one.
Good thing too. Terrible waste of paper in this day and age.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

Ever visit the local library? They have them.

Not so much a waste of paper as, at least here, the waste company takes them as recycle.
TheSMJ
Farmington, MI

TheSMJ

said by pende_tim:

Not so much a waste of paper as, at least here, the waste company takes them as recycle.

I ended up going to yellowpages.com.

Not to derail the thread, but paper cannot be recycled indefinitely. Eventually the fibers get too short and they're only useful for TP, which is of course single use. IMO the phone companies need to stop giving out phone books to everyone regardless of weather or not they want one, and instead give them the option to opt-in, or use their website. If anything, it would save the phone companies tons of money each year, since they can't recover the cost of printing/delivering them to people who drop them in the recycle bin the first chance they get.

One recycled phone book from this year =! one new phone book next year.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

said by TheSMJ:

said by pende_tim:

I ended up going to yellowpages.com.

Not to derail the thread, but paper cannot be recycled indefinitely. Eventually the fibers get too short and they're only useful for TP, which is of course single use. IMO the phone companies need to stop giving out phone books to everyone regardless of weather or not they want one, and instead give them the option to opt-in, or use their website. If anything, it would save the phone companies tons of money each year, since they can't recover the cost of printing/delivering them to people who drop them in the recycle bin the first chance they get.

One recycled phone book from this year =! one new phone book next year.

Not only that, but look at all the wasted energy for a phone book to be created then go directly to the recycle bin.

Drex
Beer...The other white meat.
Premium Member
join:2000-02-24
Not There

1 recommendation

Drex to TheSMJ

Premium Member

to TheSMJ
said by TheSMJ:

Not to derail the thread, but paper cannot be recycled indefinitely. Eventually the fibers get too short and they're only useful for TP, which is of course single use.

Wait...TP is single use? DOH!