share rss forum feed

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium
join:2003-09-18
Lard
kudos:2
reply to FifthE1ement

Re: [Speed] Is Comcast 80 cents per Mbs?

Methodology! Why didn't you include your actual upload as well? Is it that un-important you could afford to ignore it? You get a better deal at $1.06.Mbs/mo as well...............

--
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

said by THZNDUP:

Methodology! Why didn't you include your actual upload as well? Is it that un-important you could afford to ignore it? You get a better deal at $1.06.Mbs/mo as well...............

Lol, I think upload is actually more important, but most carriers never even list upload speeds! Go to the ATT U-Verse website and find an upload speed anywhere on that site, lol. I think it's so important that every provider should only list speeds by upload rather than download! It doesn't matter if you have 999Mb down if your upload is 128Kbps as the upload will kill your download and you'll be slower than someone with a 10/10 connection. I love my Comcast internet as the 55/11 down/up is amazing! I can still remember when DSL was first installed in my area in 1999 by BellSouth at 1.5Mb down and 256Kbps up, lol! Now I have what is equivalent of a huge corporate network speeds all around my house. Its really amazing! But it spoils you as now when I'm out and on my phone it drives me nuts that it is so slow, lol. I don't know why anyone would have DSL when Cable is available. DSL is like having an old BlackBerry instead of a new Android or iPhone. And it's certainly not because of a lower price as ATT DSL/U-Verse is not much lower than Comcast in terms of price considering they are so much slower.

5th
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by FifthE1ement:

I don't know why anyone would have DSL when Cable is available. DSL is like having an old BlackBerry instead of a new Android or iPhone. And it's certainly not because of a lower price as ATT DSL/U-Verse is not much lower than Comcast in terms of price considering they are so much slower.

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't get service from Sonic.net, LLC. Probably Comcast DSL ... yes, I mean it. Comcast has a speed tier comparable to the AT&T lower tiers; both in speed, and price. There is cheaper cable out there; but not in the South S.F. Bay Area.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum