how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Livadia

join:2007-12-18
Canada

Bundling no good idea after all

Bundling all services with one provider does not seem to be a good idea after all. This morning was the second time (that I noticed) in the past 5-6 days that I had:
-- no telephone
-- no internet
-- no TV (ok, I do not care about it -- I did not even check whether that was true)

And that was not because my hydro was down. No wonder Cogeco gives this two-year free telephone service promotion. I doubt many people would get that service for the full charge, even after the multiple service discount.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Whereabouts are you?

Johnny1

@cgocable.net
reply to Livadia
You're right, and not just because of service. Compare Cogeco's bundles, then look at Start.ca for internet, VoIP.ms for telephone, and Cogeco for cable TV.

I will be cancelling Cogeco internet soon and going with the above.

Phorkster
Premium
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON
kudos:1
reply to Livadia
Shaw Direct for TV. I shaved off $20 and got more than I did with Cogeco, and the receivers are yours not rented.

Livadia

join:2007-12-18
Canada
reply to Johnny1
said by Johnny1 :

You're right, and not just because of service. Compare Cogeco's bundles, then look at Start.ca for internet, VoIP.ms for telephone, and Cogeco for cable TV.

I will be cancelling Cogeco internet soon and going with the above.

Well, I do use Voip.ms from time to time, but for total replacement of a landline, you 'd better look at
»Best VOIP for a senior citizen? Most reliable e911?

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

1 edit
nm

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to Phorkster
said by Phorkster:

Shaw Direct for TV. I shaved off $20 and got more than I did with Cogeco, and the receivers are yours not rented.

^ this.

Mike

Diversify

@start.ca
reply to Livadia
The older I get the more I realize bundling services is stupid. Even if it saves you a "bit" of money, in the end it's not good to have all your eggs in one basket.

Recently went through this on a large scale with the banks. I got screwed over with an investment with a major bank because I had ALL my accounts with them so they just have the right to take money from any account at their will.

Went to a financial advisor paying big bucks for advice, and first thing is DIVERSIFY! Spread your wealth out only suckers have everything in one pot.

Same philosophy goes for Internet, Phone, CellPhone etc...It gives you more power as a consumer and helps to stop monopolies by diversifying your services.