All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
snowrr
join:2013-05-02

snowrr

Beware on dishonest ISP in Montreal -- B2B2C

After 8 years with my ISP, B2b2c, I was in need of a higher limit transfer, so I call them to see what was my best option. The only that was propose to me was a plan that cost 25$ more every month than the competition (ebox or tekksavy). So I cancel my service with them for the end of the month.

To my big surprise, they decide to charge my extra transfer of this month to the 2010 rate (5$/gb) because that's when I last made modification to my plan, instead of the current (1$/gb) advertise on their website and what I was used to pay.

The assistant on phone told me that he could fix it if I stay with them, else, I could suck it up.

-----------------

Je viens d'avoir une sympathique expérience avec B2B2C ce mois-ci. Après avoir été 8 ans clients auprès d'eux, j'ai eu récemment besoin de faire augmenter ma limite de téléchargement. Après discussion, la seule option qu'il m'offrait était un forfait qui coûtait 25$ plus chers que leur concurrents (teksavvy ou ebox). J'ai donc décider à regret de fermer mon compte à la fin du mois.

À ma grande surprise, ils ont décidés de me charger le téléchargement supplémentaire au prix de 2010 lorsque j'avais augmenter le forfait (5$/gb) au lieu du prix actuelle (1$/gb) sur leur site web (prix qu'il me chargeait habituellement).

L'assitant au téléphone m'a informé que si je restais client, il pouvait arranger quelques choses, mais puisque je fermais mon compte, je pouvais "suck it up".

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido

Just don't pay and see what happens ... Or pay at $1/gb rate
snowrr

snowrr

Auto paiement on credit card. Saddly, I have already paid.

Shrug
@videotron.ca

Shrug to snowrr

Anon

to snowrr
File a complaint with the CCTS. It's free for you.
snowrr

snowrr

Where can I do that ?

EDIT: found it, thank you.
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to snowrr

to snowrr
I had a similar issue with them about five years ago. After a fee hike from Videotron's side that they passed on to their customers they neglected to tell me about it until the last minute. Since I didn't agree with the fee hike I asked them to cut off my service the day before the fee hike came in effect. They said they couldn't do it, that I needed to give them a month's notice for a cancellation. I said they also had to give me a month's notice before changing the terms of our contract, to which they replied that there wasn't a contract between us. I then asked them why I had to give them 30 days notice if there was no contract, and they said I just did.

Anyway they charged me an extra month, which I had the credit card company charge back to them. Never heard back from them since.

En Enfer
This account has been compromised
join:2003-07-25
Montreal, QC

En Enfer to snowrr

to snowrr
"En décembre 2009, l’Assemblée nationale adopte le projet de loi 60, modifiant la Loi sur la protection du consommateur, en vigueur depuis juin 2010."

Donc, si t'as signé un contrat de 2 ans avant juin 2010, elle devait expirer en 2012, tu es tombé sur soit le plan régulier tel qu'annoncé sur le site web à ce jour ou soit que tu conservais un plan grand-périsé avec ses avantages monétaires s'il n'est plus offert à ce jour.

B2B2C t'as probablement envoyé un e-mail chaque mois pour confirmer le paiement, ainsi que les détails de ta facture (nom du plan, particularités). Vérifie la plus récente "facture électronique" et compare avec le contenu sur leur site web. Si le nom du plan n'existe plus et qu'un plan sur le site est à la même vitesse pour un prix inférieur, tu devrais demander remboursement et ajustement.