Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to NormanS

Re: [Speed] Is Comcast 80 cents per Mbs?

said by NormanS:

said by owlyn:

said by NormanS:

I still don't get it. Who is actually paying per bit delivered? At the end of the day, all of the ISPs are currently charging a flat, monthly fee.

It is speed that is in the calculation, not the volume of data.

But $/kb delivered isn't a measure of speed.

Consider: $/kwh is about volume; how much electricity is delivered for a given sum of money. $/gal is about volume; how much fluid is delivered for a given sum of money.

Consider: My mother pays $4.07 per kb while I only pay $1.07 per kb. What is the dollar difference per month in our respective bills? $0 difference between what she pays and what I pay.

Internet is charged at $/mo, regardless of whether you download every last bit you can get for your kb/s, or none of it.

$/kb is a meaningless metric when one is paying $/mo.

Your subtle hints are going to waste NormanS. It is likely that most readers of this thread did not bother to look at the chart in the article, much less notice the labels used.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
said by NetFixer:

Your subtle hints are going to waste NormanS. It is likely that most readers of this thread did not bother to look at the chart in the article, much less notice the labels used.

They probably haven't read Darrell Huff.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium
join:2003-09-18
Lard
kudos:2
reply to NetFixer
Hummmmm.....

I wonder if the writer did.

Zach Epstein has worked in and around the ICT industry for more than a decade, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business, technology and telecommunications. As a writer, Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications and he was recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes. Zach is now Executive Editor at BGR, where he guides the editorial team and contributes reports and analyses with an unbiased viewpoint and a widely respected voice.

Well, there you have it, from one of the world's top ten.

It's pretty obvious from the tone of the article what the writer intended to convey without being pedantic. It is sad his third party chart wasn't scrutinized before being released by 'Broadband Genie'. Here, just rub this magik lamp...........
--
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything