how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

deltat2000
Timor Omnis Abesto
Premium
join:2000-04-13

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water!

I would not be one to paint all religous people with the same brush!

I personally know many who are very exceptional individuals who are not only strong willed, but channel that will to help others, and better their communities.

One person in particular comes to mind, who makes many trips a year to less fortunate countries..not to prosletize, but to donate his labor to build homes, water treatment plants, and schools for the local population to use as they see fit. I definately would not call this man "weak willed" as he was once a Navy Seal, and I would not wish to test my will against his...lol

Second: I am a recovering addict and alcoholic, who has not had to use any mood altering substances for over 15 year..I was definately what you would have referred to as an extremely self willed individual, but in order to arrest my disease, I had to come to grips with this religion vs. spirituality subject.

I found that I had many preconceived ideas that where coloring my attitudes and opinions about religion. I took the actions of a few, and applied that behavior to all.

I have had to adjust my thinking...I try no longer to judge people simply by their association, or denomination, I try today to judge each individual on his or her own actions, and my life is actually much easier now, and certainly much fuller.

As with all things today,I try to keep and open mind. I try not to "throw the baby out with the bath water"

Try it sometimes....and let me know if it helps.

In service to the God of my understanding.
--
The Future Is Purchased By The Present!