Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude to Cubbies

Premium Member

to Cubbies

Re: Motherinlaw moving in, help with locks

Try the Kwikset smart key system »www.kwikset.com/SmartSec ··· ogy.aspx

you will be buying several different keyed locks that can all be keyed to one key. If she loses a key,just take a different key and re-key all the locks to the new key. very quick to do. the other option would be to use the combo locks. never use a key again.
dick white
Premium Member
join:2000-03-24
Springfield, VA

dick white

Premium Member

said by PoloDude:

you will be buying several different keyed locks that can all be keyed to one key. If she loses a key,just take a different key and re-key all the locks to the new key. very quick to do. the other option would be to use the combo locks. never use a key again.

+1

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to PoloDude

Premium Member

to PoloDude
said by PoloDude:

Agreed.
averagedude
join:2002-01-30
San Diego, CA

averagedude to dick white

to dick white
said by dick white:

said by PoloDude:

+1

+2
tkdslr
join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL

tkdslr

+3, I've been using this kwik smart security locks for 5 years, after lock bumping became well known. It's an excellent bump proof solution.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

Thanks for reminding me about the lock bumping. Looks like something I need to add to my list .

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

workablob to PoloDude

to PoloDude
said by PoloDude:

+1 and my MIL moved in with us last year.

I hope yours is as nice as mine.

Dave

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to PoloDude

Premium Member

to PoloDude
said by PoloDude:

+1

CUBS_FAN
2016 World Series Champs
join:2005-04-28
Chicago, IL

2 edits

CUBS_FAN

said by AVD:

said by PoloDude:

+1

Not really safe.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· &t=1m30s

Xioden
Premium Member
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY

Xioden

Premium Member

said by CUBS_FAN:

said by AVD:

said by PoloDude:

+1

Not really safe.

(youtube clip)

And you apparently don't even need a special tool for it. According to the creator of that video; "You can now defeat the lock with a 15 cent blank key. I have not posted that video for the public but locksmiths can email me and I will send you the link to the video."
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88

said by Xioden:

And you apparently don't even need a special tool for it. According to the creator of that video; "You can now defeat the lock with a 15 cent blank key. I have not posted that video for the public but locksmiths can email me and I will send you the link to the video."

Wouldn't a screw driver be cheapest?

So how the **** did they make a lock that opens like that? Plastic guts?

CUBS_FAN
2016 World Series Champs
join:2005-04-28
Chicago, IL

CUBS_FAN to Xioden

to Xioden
said by Xioden:

You can now defeat the lock with a 15 cent blank key.

I saw that video too. The guy put half of a blank key in the slot and used a flat-head screwdriver for the rest of the slot.