Just a heads up.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

ORLY? I'll have to look for the update info then. What are they updating this time?

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
Yeah... I didn't get a chance today to get on. My son sent me a message over Facebook to let me know it updated.

The server is now running 1.5.2...

KrK - I will add you and send you the IP here in a few minutes....
neonhomer

1 recommendation

neonhomer

Premium Member

In case anyone is wondering, this is running on a 6GB shared gaming server, that is rated for 75 players. I have it limited to 20, but we can always go more if we need to.

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
join:2008-10-22
Mesa, AZ

aelingil

Premium Member

It is working fine in Phoenix

Created a Hovel at the top of the hill by the starting area. anyone Spawning into the game should at least have a place to hide until the sun comes out.

If you go for the wood behind the hovel, re-plan any saplings that drop. (kinda started in a wood-less area)

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

I had a little hidey hole on top of one hill, but I have moved more south, and I am now in the side of a hill again. I'm heading towards 0,0 to see what's there.

Maybe we can post the locations of our bases, in case others want to visit.

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
Mesa, AZ

2 edits

aelingil

Premium Member

Are Structures turned on in the Map?

(Edit)
Nvm.. Found a Village some what close.

X: -700.30
Y: +065.00
Z: +408.76
Kinda messed up.. but it works as a rest spot.

(Edit x2)
Marked the Path w/ Lights to get there. Found a Second village not far from the first.. Huge openings all over, and i think i saw a mine shaft when the land was glitching..

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

That's what what those were for! I got in and saw the lack of trees and the posts with wood and was wondering what was going on.

I was able to plant a forest around my location just remember to put in more once you take some. As soon as you res you can see the biggest tree, try and keep that one for a nice marker. I made a giant dirt statue so I could fine my cabin from the start, but put it facing the wrong direction.

I saw the evil stone hut by the lake. I went there hoping to get away from a swarm of skeletons and zombies and wound up getting mauled there.

I'm surprised that there were lots of open lava pits on the surface. I'm going to build a couple of buckets to grab some of it, and drop them on top of my statues arms so I will be able to see it better.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer

Premium Member

On my home server, I have cobblestone pillars about 20-30 blocks high with netherack around the tops, lit on fire... Kind of like beacons.

I'll have to do to this world what I did to my home world... PIG STATUE!

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
Mesa, AZ

aelingil

Premium Member

I do about the same thing. Normally i do not have Netherack, i use torches.

I think when i get home i'll make an actual path from the starting area to the towns. It is almost a strait line from start to the towns. A LOT of holes around the towns tho. Be careful when moving around.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

The land seems very sponge like. Lots of holes into caves. I was planning on getting a bunch of cobblestone and creating a path once I had a better pickaxe. I haven't found any iron yet though. I spent most of the time leveling my land and setting up my home. Gotta start setting up walls after that. If we gather together in a town does it start gaining NPCs if we get enough buildings?

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
Mesa, AZ

aelingil

Premium Member

NPC's are based on "Outside Doors" or.. the did last time i read it.. So the more "Houses" that are built the more NPC's..

The town had some caves that lead to a few Iron locations. When i get home I am sure the wife & myself will keep digging some and create some extra axes & swords.

If we want to make a "NPC" spawner we can. Make a 5x5 "house" made out of Cobblestone, put doors on the whole outside wall.. Trap two NPC's inside. The extra doors will force population to "match" the doors and more kids will start spawning between the two NCPS inside. Knock out 1 block so the kids can go through and out the door.. and you have an un-ending supply of NPC's when ever one gets killed.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

lol, nice way to gather a population. I was just wondering if we need to find a central location to gather and build a town together?

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium Member
Mesa, AZ

aelingil

Premium Member

Oh, well if you follow the lights, it should bring you to a village we already found. We can build up from there. There are houses already created, along with villagers, It is only maybe a minute from the spawn area. I am sure my wife will go farm crazy and breed some sheep, cows, etc. So we should have plenty of supplies for everything. Plus access to caves for Iron + upgrades.

If we want to move out past that and start a blank locations we can do that too, Enough supplies from this village we can do anything..

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
Troy, IL

fnord76

Premium Member

I guess I will head to the village once I complete my "Farm" location.