Spice300
Premium Member
join:2006-01-10

Spice300 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious

Re: Doctor Who / Season 7 Continues

Here are some of my thoughts about Clara:

Judging from the news reports The Doctor is expected to regenerate in the next few episodes as Matt Smith departs from the series. If Steven Moffat maintains continuity with the older series, something unusual happens to the twelfth doctor, the next doctor, that splits his character or makes a copy of him creating The Valeyard who appeared in season 23. Creating one or multiple copies of The Doctor with varying personalities and scattering them through time and space is similar to what has happened to Clara. Maybe the unusual event happens to both of them.

The Master in The Ultimate Foe: "The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation." Note that this statement does not limit The Doctor to 12 regenerations because "final incarnation" is a bit vague. The Valeyard could not regenerate prompting him to bargain with the Time Lord High Council for more regenerations. The Valeyard is not the twelfth doctor because he is an amalgamation of part of him.

During this season there have been many references to the original series, so maybe Moffat will maintain continuity.

Doctor Who s23e04 The Ultimate Foe, Part 2 (1986-11-29)

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

Your "thoughts about Clara",

From what I read, it looked to me it was more about your thoughts about the Doctor. And not so much about Clara.
Spice300
Premium Member

Spice300

Premium Member

Clara is just a regular girl, as The Doctor keeps stating, who, by virtue of traveling with The Doctor, is imperfectly copied several times by the same process that created the Valeyard with the copies scattered through space and time.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Spice300

Premium Member

to Spice300
That sounds like what happened to Riker when the teleporter malfunctioned in STNG.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to TwiztedZero

Premium Member

to TwiztedZero
quote:
Your "thoughts about Clara"

So far she is the least of the modern DR. companions. I never liked Donna, and I think Donna is above her.
Of course the Ponds and Rose are tied with being the best of the modern companions. Martha and Capt. Jack are a close second.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

quote:
Your "thoughts about Clara"

So far she is the least of the modern DR. companions. I never liked Donna, and I think Donna is above her.
Of course the Ponds and Rose are tied with being the best of the modern companions. Martha and Capt. Jack are a close second.

But Capt. Jack is Ebil now (but thats another show lol)

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Ya. I can't get over him not being Capt. Jack. Like seeing David Tennet in another role other then the Dr.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

Also I've been hearing rumours of Matt Smith leaving, duno if its spectulation or fact yet. And its not the first time I've heard these things.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I've heard the same, but he hasn't been the Dr for that long, has he?
Maybe Danial Craig will step in.. lol.. now that would kick ass, or Christian Bale. Though they may both demand more then what the show can pay.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

»www.huffingtonpost.co.uk ··· 028.html

I wouldn't want to see either of those actors play the Doctor, but I'd rather see an unknown take the reigns.

I'd like to see the next doctor be darker, much more like Eccleston or Tenant. The current arc in S7P2 is very disjointed and has very little to tie the meta-story together.

Just my $.02
Spice300
Premium Member

1 edit

Spice300 to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Yes, they are similar, but I do not see Moffat doing a transmat malfunction on the fields of Trenzalore on May 17. Uttering The Doctor's name on Mount Sinai causing a rupture in time would be more like it.

Matt Smith is set to leave the role by the end of this year. Who star set to bow out at Xmas, The Sun, March 22, 2013. I do not remember The Doctor ever regenerating during a Christmas Special. I am guessing he will regenerate before or 1 episode later.