spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MarvinsMagic

@comcast.net

News 12 NJ in South Jersey?

Is there a specific reason as to why News 12 NJ is not available on Comcast's systems in South Jersey (Atlantic, Cape May, Gloucester, Burlington etc.)? I've been looking at the listings and can't find it on either ch.62 or 1218. Ocean County seems to be the cut-off for News 12's coverage area.

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:6

1 recommendation

Probably because News 12 New Jersey's market is the NYC DMA portion of NJ.

See: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_12_Networks

gwilliam

join:2010-03-20
reply to MarvinsMagic

It would be nice if "News 12 NJ" was available throughout the South Jersey region. Ironically some parts of South Jersey do get PIX 11(CW affiliate of NYC) on channel 254, which I still to this day do not understand why we have that channel.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to MarvinsMagic

your best option is to contact news 12 and see if they will start covering southern new jersey and then Comcast will probably carry it.

scaryc

join:2011-11-21
Shelton, CT
reply to MarvinsMagic

You will never see News 12 on Comcast as it is owned by Cablevision. As such, it is only available on Optimum

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

said by scaryc:

You will never see News 12 on Comcast as it is owned by Cablevision. As such, it is only available on Optimum

Comcast does offer this channel in parts of North Jersey according to the wikipedia entry that was referenced above...channel 62.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

said by The Q:

said by scaryc:

Comcast does offer this channel in parts of North Jersey according to the wikipedia entry that was referenced above...channel 62.

Yes, we get it here on Comcast in Monmouth County.

As it says in the Wikipedia article: "Originally created and owned by Cablevision the networks are carried by all Cablevision systems in the region ... and it is also available on other major cable companies serving the tri-state area. However, they are not available to DBS or Verizon FiOS subscribers (hence, the slogan is "Only on cable. Never on FiOS. Never on satellite.")."

DebiLee

@comcast.net
reply to gwilliam

News 12 NJ should cover all of NJ, I've watched a bunch of stories featuring towns way way South, places I didn't even know existed which is wicked crazy. According to their website New Jersey is the Southern most area they cover. »www.news12.com/

asom

@everestkc.net

It's the same as CFNEWS 13 only on BHN and not allowed on comcast,AT@T U-Verse and so on to.

Spiderman865

join:2005-12-27
Joliet, IL

Looks like someone changed their user name.
--
Yesh

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by Spiderman865:

Looks like someone changed their user name.

it is MGSPORTS!

mountlaurel

@comcast.net

If you go to comcast.com and search channel line ups for zip code 08054 it does show this channel should be available on ch. 1218. It also show we should be receiving YES HD on channel 212. Someone is not doing their job updating channel line ups on comcast of Garden State, NJ system. Of course both not available when you tune to them.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

Yes, like you said, those channels are listed when you use »www.comcast.com/localization/loc···eup.ashx , but they both don't show up on this lineup sheet for Comcast of Garden State from last August: »www.xfinityhd800s.com/pdf/GARDENSTATE.pdf , so are they supposed to be new additions?

gwilliam

join:2010-03-20
reply to mountlaurel

I'm not so sure about that "Mountlaurel". Getting the Yes Network in HD available in Burlington County, NJ seems to be a bit of a stretch. I'm sure territorial rights would override it.