dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

JC Penny admits their "genius" CEO, Ron Johnson was WRONG!

I'm quite please to see that the arrogant attitude of folks like former Apple SVP Retail Operations, most recently CEO of JCP, Ron Johnson have resulted in consumer "push back".

Good to see that no matter what these arrogant MBAs are taught in fancy universities the reality is that "the customer rules".

More on the story.

»abcnews.go.com/Business/ ··· u4aLmJrE

Cthen
Premium Member
join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI

2 recommendations

Cthen

Premium Member

Re: JC Penny admits their "genius" CEO, Ron Johnson wa

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· DV0dhWPA

old_tech
Premium Member
join:2013-03-31
Springfield, IL

1 edit

old_tech to 15444104

Premium Member

to 15444104
That is old news. Six months ago, it was stated that Johnson is a larger idiot than the idiot that was put in charge of Fema during Katrina.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran

Premium Member

But did anyone tell him he did a heckuva job?
15444104 (banned)

1 edit

15444104 (banned) to old_tech

to old_tech
said by old_tech:

That is old news. Six months ago, it was stated that Johnson is a larger idiot than the idiot that was put in charge of Fema during Katrina.

But the apology from JCP to consumers is not.

I bet the former fruit boss of JCP Ron Johnson walked away with a nice golden parachute even though he has literally killed a department store icon that is more than a century old, because his MBA "genius" made him believe that he, and not the customer was most important to the success of the business.

I was glad to see that even guys like Bob Lutz said that MBAs are killing businesses.

old_tech
Premium Member
Springfield, IL

old_tech

Premium Member

said by 15444104:

said by old_tech:

But the apology from JCP to consumers is not.

I bet the former fruit boss of JCP Ron Johnson walked away with a nice golden parachute even though he has literally killed a department store icon that is more than a century old, because his MBA "genius" made him believe that he, and not the customer was most important to the success of the business.

I was glad to see that even guys like Bob Lutz said that MBAs are killing businesses.

All of them are walking away with huge Golden Parachutes. Problem with the term MBA, is that it does not mean that the person knows hoot, or if they have common sense. Majority of the MBA's are handed out like candy, and does not mean diddly squat in the eyes of those that actually really know how to do the job.

Before the use of MBA, to state that a person something to say that they spent a boatload of money to not know how to do the job, a person actually had to go to a real school, actually study to know what they were doing in the job they were hired for.

Finding out very quickly that even in the medical field, which I deal with that segment on a daily basis for my job, that at least 90% of the new medical professionals (nurses, Pharmacists, doctors, Physician Assistants, Psychologists), do not know their head from their butts.

Just trying to decipher from their poor spelling or penmanship, along with not giving us the proper diagnosis, prognosis, prescription information, shows that most spent their time going to parties, and counting down to Spring break, not spending the time to learn how to do the job they spent their parents or the taxpayers hard earned money on.

Same goes for those again with MBA's. A piece of paper does not mean that you actually know how to do the job. It just says that you spent money and minimum amount of effort to just have that title.

DanHo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA

DanHo to 15444104

Premium Member

to 15444104
JCP has been heading down the shitter for years. Well before Johnson took over.
15444104 (banned)

15444104 (banned)

said by DanHo:

JCP has been heading down the shitter for years. Well before Johnson took over.

Actually until the previous CEO Mike Ullman left, things were starting to FINALLY turn around for the ailing company, then the shareholders and BoD got greedy and decided to buy into former "fruit-cake" SVP Ron Johnson's plan to stop with value oriented promotions which today's shoppers really rely on because of the terrible economy.
I mean did this idiot really believe that the customers would conform to HIS plans? LOL

Ron Johnson MBA = arrogant SoB.

DanHo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA

DanHo

Premium Member

They may have have been turning around financially, but JCP still has a 3rd or 4th tier dept store feel about it. I'd rather purchase stuff at Target than JCP.
15444104 (banned)

15444104 (banned)

From experience I find the quality, and selection is far better at
JC Penny's. The best part is that the prices are on par with Target or Kohl's.

Many Penny's have been extensively renovated so that the shopping environment is at least pleasant. Also the customer service has always been at least decent. I can't say that about Target. Kohl's can be middling to good.

old_tech
Premium Member
Springfield, IL

old_tech

Premium Member

said by 15444104:

From experience I find the quality, and selection is far better at
JC Penny's. The best part is that the prices are on par with Target or Kohl's.

Many Penny's have been extensively renovated so that the shopping environment is at least pleasant. Also the customer service has always been at least decent. I can't say that about Target. Kohl's can be middling to good.

Penny's is low tier now with Target. Kohl's is above Penny's these days, with the deals and better selection of clothing available. All of our shopping is done either at Old Navy or Kohl's.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Kohls rocks but dont agree with pennys in the target class. Pennys quality is on par with kohls, but kohls beats them on sale prices.

old_tech
Premium Member
Springfield, IL

old_tech

Premium Member

said by rody_44:

Kohls rocks but dont agree with pennys in the target class. Pennys quality is on par with kohls, but kohls beats them on sale prices.

Penny's is no where close to Kohl's. Penny's quality has gone downhill for their personal lines, that I would more likely put it in the class of goods found at Wal-mart or Target.

All of the upper line clothing lines at Penny's were removed, during the whole retooling. Now if you want better clothing, you have to go elsewhere.

Everyday clothes, like I stated before, Kohl's or Old Navy. After working at Target in a past life, I can tell you that they are not that great, and have also gone downhill in the past fifteen years, just like Penny's.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David to 15444104

Premium Member

to 15444104
JC penny's has been sinking for quite a while, I don't know anyone who still goes there. Plus getting them to honor sales prices that they sell in their own ads is a joke at the least.
H_T_R_N (banned)
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned) to 15444104

to 15444104
So all the blame was put on Ron for his "no sales, no jumping through hoops" campaign. Is it possible that the US is not ready for what looked to some as a gay centered store? It will be interesting to see how the company changes its target audience in its commercials, if they move away from the two moms and two dads commercials, what does that say? I'm sure they will go back to the old pricing scheme, but then how does one determine what the cause was?

I don't have a dog in this show, just a curious bystander.

PhoenixAZ
Get A Mac
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Phoenix, AZ

PhoenixAZ to 15444104

Premium Member

to 15444104
The Apple guy did bring mobile checkout to Pennys at least.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed to H_T_R_N

MVM

to H_T_R_N
quote:
Is it possible that the US is not ready for what looked to some as a gay centered store?
Say WHAT????? I have never heard this or ever thought about this in JCPennys... I don;t know anyone who even remotely thinks of this...
H_T_R_N (banned)
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by CylonRed:

quote:
Is it possible that the US is not ready for what looked to some as a gay centered store?
Say WHAT????? I have never heard this or ever thought about this in JCPennys... I don;t know anyone who even remotely thinks of this...

Really? Not sure if you're serious.....

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

And I am wondering if you are...
H_T_R_N (banned)
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by CylonRed:

And I am wondering if you are...

Incase you were living under a rock:

I really thought everyone knew.

»lmgtfy.com/?q=J.C.+Penne ··· +gay+ads

»finance.yahoo.com/news/j ··· ads.html

»www.huffingtonpost.com/2 ··· 014.html

»www.theblaze.com/stories ··· on-moms/

»www.dallasvoice.com/lesb ··· 204.html

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

1 recommendation

CylonRed

MVM

I knew about Ellen but have never seen any of the catalogs for years and have never seen the commercial in my area. And no - not living under a rock...

I don't equate a person being a spokesperson as a pro-anything statement. I just see Ellen and others as people.
H_T_R_N (banned)
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

I'm not the one claiming that J.C. P is a gay centered company. Did you actually look at any of the other links, do any looking yourself?

Never mind...

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

I know you are not claiming it to be - never said you claimed it to be not insinuated you did - I looked at the links.

Just noted that I would not equate the company with gay community because of Ellen (the only part I knew about since I have not seen the commercials or catalog). I think the people claiming it - to be rather stupid.

monchis
Premium Member
join:2002-12-09

monchis to 15444104

Premium Member

to 15444104
I can't believe the comments on this post:

»www.lifesitenews.com/new ··· ampaign/

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

No surprise to me - the attitude is 'if I don't agree with your lifestyle - then you are sub-human'.

monchis
Premium Member
join:2002-12-09

monchis

Premium Member

said by CylonRed:

No surprise to me - the attitude is 'if I don't agree with your lifestyle - then you are sub-human'.

It's actually quite scary. I got this weird like cultist vibe from that web site.

They're all hypocrites. Hating on other human beings for their personal decisions =o

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

carpetshark3 to 15444104

Premium Member

to 15444104
All the stores in the same type of category as JC Penney sell the same stuff, probably manufactured by the same people in Bangladesh with different labels.

Most of it is crap anyway. At least on the fashion end.

No one has ever considered that the public isn't buying because:
A. It's crap
B. It's overpriced
C. No one likes what the designer forced on them.