cchheett
Lamb Of God
Premium Member
join:2001-04-02
Eagle Creek, OR

cchheett

Premium Member

05 jeep liberty a/c not cold.

All of a sudden the Air conditioner In my Jeep Liberty 05 has stoped working. It blow air and the yellow light comes on when i use it, but the air is just hot. I know it could be the gas stuff etc, but is there anyother thing i should be checking before i get it fixed. Im sure its gonna take all my tax money. arhhhhhhhhhhh

I looked only for online manual and looked at fused , but none say Air conditioner. I'm sure its called something else. Is there anything else i can check before i call the automotive place. Thanks

psafux
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10

psafux

Premium Member

Is the a/c compressor running? If its seized or not functioning correctly it wouldn't generate the cool air. A leak could cause the freon ("gas stuff") to dispel from the system. It's normally a closed system that shouldn't leak. Freon does lose its oomph over time and needs a recharge but it wouldn't normally be a sudden loss as you describe.

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA

shdesigns to cchheett

Premium Member

to cchheett
Check if the compressor clutch engages. IT could be a slow leak and it reached a low enough level to trigger the low pressure cutout.

vejan738
@sbcglobal.net

vejan738 to cchheett

Anon

to cchheett
As a Professional Mechanic- I usually see this couple of times a year
usually low freon will cause the compressor to stop- but almost always the compressor clutch itself goes bad on this model.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to cchheett

Premium Member

to cchheett
A lot of people don't know this, but you should occasionally run your A/C in the winter months, maybe once a week or every couple weeks. This keeps the oil in the system cycled and prevents seals from drying out and loss of freon.

Beezel
join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV

Beezel

said by Ghastlyone:

A lot of people don't know this, but you should occasionally run your A/C in the winter months, maybe once a week or every couple weeks. This keeps the oil in the system cycled and prevents seals from drying out and loss of freon.

Running the defrost/defog cycle on most cars in winter use the A/C.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Beezel:

said by Ghastlyone:

Running the defrost/defog cycle on most cars in winter use the A/C.

A lot of places people live, have no need to ever run the defroster in their vehicles. I'd be lucky to run mine once in 5 years.

But yes you're correct, the defrost runs the A/C.