Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ryanvision

join:2013-05-03
Palm Coast, FL

Petile-Invest- Potential scam? very confused

Hello,

First of all, thank you for any information you may have about this company.

This is a work at home position titled Assistant Manager, and the task is monitoring and overseeing financial investments for the company's clients. You are substituted to 30 days of training in which they pay you for at the end of the month. After 30 days, they decide if they want to hire you. I'm confused because there is very little information attached to the company. They seem to be a tiny business which shares a building with many offices, and they are based in the UK.

The company has an online software they make you log into, and here you get to communicate with your training manager through a message system, and see a section of uploaded files that you are to look over and "approve" and "review."

I found the company on CareerBuilder and I had a single phone interview with them. After this, they told me to create an account on a website and wait for further directions. They then added about 4-5 documents in their own file-sharing program. It was a contract agreement, the company's LLC paperwork, a packet of what to expect and the guidelines, and a registration checklist.

I did have a brief conversation with the training manager, but she was brief with me. The job requires work from 9-5 though I am still unsure of exactly what my job is other than reviewing paperwork and discussing issues with clients. Lastly, they require direct deposit or a wire transfer for payment every month.

The job promises good pay, but I am nervous that this is all a scamming issue. there were concerns with this businesses address before, but they were different companies. It is also worth noting that the company has asked for no money from me, and all the typical scam-flags are pretty non-existent. they are not promising easy money, and require you to be available 9-5 every weekday.

Thank you very much for any info you may have. The company website is posted below, as well as the company's address. I am based in the US and they are in the UK, which makes me nervous that any legal documents are void.

»www.petile-invest.com/
Address: Cornwall Buildings 45-51 Newhall Street, Birmingham, B3 3QR

Thank you again for your time,
best regards,
-Ryan

Tig

join:2006-06-29
Carrying Place, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms

1 recommendation

This site may be worth monitoring.
»www.scamvoid.com/check/petile-invest.com

As of yet, this company is an unknown.
Of note is this information;

"The domain name of the website was 1st registered only 23 days ago, this means the website is very new and we cannot judge the safety of this website yet. Every business has to start and we cannot judge a website as a scam only because it is new, but as always we should be cautious"

It's quite likely that no one has completed a 30 contract yet. I found another hit where someone claimed that Career Builder warned them against this outfit. Maybe send Career Builder a note.

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless

1 recommendation

reply to ryanvision
Domain Name: PETILE-INVEST.COM
Registrar: MONIKER

Registrant [4204027]:
Moniker Privacy Services PETILE-INVEST.COM@monikerprivacy.net
Moniker Privacy Services

1800 SW 1st Avenue
Suite 440
Portland
OR
US
Record created on: 2013-04-11 13:12:47.0

The site was registered using a domain proxy to prevent whoever has put this together from having their name disclosed.

This is the reason they give for that:
"1.9. Why is your website data secured by Secure Domain Proxy ?
Our website is secured by Proxy in order to ensure the utmost security and protection against malware, spam and any other unlawful acts by any potential abusers.
"

That is not believable -
I found nothing on their site believable.
Do yourself a favor & discontinue contact with them.

drjenkins

join:2005-03-30
Bealeton, VA

1 recommendation

reply to ryanvision
Take a look at their FAQ:

1.2. Is Petile Invest Group a registered and legitimate company?
Yes, Petile Invest Group is a listed and legitimate company. You can view statutory and other documents on our website.
(Take note that the section is available only for our full Members with deposit of no less than 1,000 EUR or USD. This avoids
any unwanted activities from fraudulent participants or any other abusers.)
You must give them $1,000.00 before they will "prove" they are legitimate.

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 edit
reply to ryanvision
Honestly, I'd stay away from it. Typically these "companies" posts ads on sites like CareerBuilder, Monster, etc with various job titles. I'm pretty sure you're "overseeing" transactions, going to your account, then you send it elsewhere, basically laundering. You get caught, they keep their hands clean.

something about that website just rubs me wrong. it looks too "stock". A little googling gives me a company called "Petile Invest LLP". I think the above website petile-invest.com might be a copycat of a real company. (I could be wrong, but that's what I'm seeing)
--
| map your city |

Cizzle

@rr.com
reply to ryanvision
I was contacted by the same company. I've been doing research to see if I can find if it's legit. It seems almost too good to be true. The training manager they gave me in my local area is "Linda Harris". I was wondering if that's the same person who they assigned to you

Tiuvarta

@verizon.net
Linda Harris was my surpervisor also! So I did an extensive research on this company. So extensive that I got fired before even getting to the wire transfer paperwork. They say they have an office in Boston, but there's no office by the name of "petile", so I asked them what name they were under. They didn't answer, just said that they open that office in order to apply to the BBB (better business bureau) and get their online BBB seal. So I called the Boston BBB and they have nothing on Petile, not even an application. Then, I called the Massachusetts Secretary of State, and they had nothing on petile, meaning they do not exist in Boston. With all that info I went back and asked Bot only Linda, but also Rodney Swift, the "head of HR" in England, when they had applied for the BBB and within minutes I got let go. Also, there are 3 articles online saying that petile had closed deals in china, brazil and Chicago. All of them were about how the company was able to invest and make a huge profit in real estate. By huge I mean, billions of dollars. When you check their company information, most websites gave them a net income of a little over 2 million dollars, far bellow the 1.something billion I was expecting. And last but not least, they claim they've been in business so since 2008, but their website is only days old...HUGE red flag! Especially for the type of business. DO YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE!

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
Brandon, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
yes, petile-invest.com was only created recently. that is the scam, but from what I can tell, there is a company called Petile Invest LLP that shows a papertrail back to 2008, but no connection to any website. this website was created with all the supposed legit info from what may be the real company. the website also was created with private registration. any legit company will not do this.

you got "fired" because you were on to them
--
| map your city |

Cizzle

@spcsdns.net
reply to ryanvision
I emailed career builder. They confirmed that it is a scam

Victim

@sbcglobal.net
reply to ryanvision
Yes, Linda Harris was my supervisor as well. I already gave them my Social security number to become an employee. I believe this company is actually steals people identities and that is there game. I really do not know what to do from this point if they do intend to steal my identity or anything at all.

psafux
Premium,VIP
join:2005-11-10
kudos:2
reply to ryanvision
Too many red flags with it to give it any more of your time. New domain, risky proposition, promises of money "later", big promises, big maybe's.
Walk away.

tweet08

join:2013-05-07
Rayne, LA

1 edit
reply to ryanvision
Oh my God!!! I am experiencing the EXACT same issues with this company. I'm feeling very,very skeptical about it all. I've been trying to do some research on this company and I keep coming to a dead end. Like someone said earlier, "it all sounds and feels too good to be true". They claim to pay you $20 a hour and they actually contact you claiming that your resume reflects experience thay their company would benefit from because of your experience ...just seems very odd, but their website seems and looks legit. I know that I should go with my gut feeling and in the beginning, which was about two weeks ago when I was contacted by this Rodney Swift, I was excited and going with the flow, but now, after stumbling across this forum I'm not so sure. I don't want to give out my banking info and get robbed or scammed, but of course I would only open that account with only the minimum amount to open it to receive my supposed direct deposit paycheck. But not only that, I'm still not too clear about what I'd actually be doing...money laundering, hmmm I don't know. If that's the case then I'm definitely out. The other thing that crossed my mind is, if this company has been thriving like they claim, why hasn't anyone ever heard of holding this Assistant Manager position???

Tig

Carrying Place, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
If you read the news releases on the website, you will note that the grammar is grade school level at best. Even the subject of the news releases can be silly.
Eg: Needing a bigger vault for the gold.
No information on that website can be corroborated.
The security seals in the lower left are a rather odd collection. An SSL cert, fine. Anti-DDOS software??? And a pay pal type service.
Finally, if you are still interested, google the address, find the street and check out street view. I think they are in the space above the restaurant. Like just about every other building in that area, there is a "To let" sign. This one says "Name your own rent". It just doesn't seem like the financial district to me.
I'd be interested in looking at the header of one of their emails, just to see where it originates.
Bottom line, I find no reason to believe that getting involved with this outfit would be a good idea. Beware.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

1 recommendation

reply to ryanvision
said by ryanvision:

The company website is posted below, as well as the company's address. I am based in the US and they are in the UK, which makes me nervous that any legal documents are void.

»www.petile-invest.com/
Address: Cornwall Buildings 45-51 Newhall Street, Birmingham, B3 3QR

»www.companieslist.co.uk/OC335855···vest-llp
quote:
Company details

CORNWALL BUILDINGS 45-51 NEWHALL STREET, OFFICE 330, BIRMINGHAM, B3 3QR

Company type: Limited Liability Partnership
Company number: OC335855
Company status: Active
Company homepage, website: n/a

country of origin: United Kingdom

incorporation date: 2008.03.22
has UK establishment: No
has appointments: Yes
in liquidation: No

Accounts:

account ref date: 31.03
next due date: 2012.12.31
overdue: NO
last made up date: 2011.03.31
account category: TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL
document available: 1

Returns:

next due date: 2013.04.19
overdue: NO
last made up date: 2012.03.22
document available: 1
The address shows up in this post.

»Re: Ebook websites, fraud charges, Devbill/DigitalAge/Pluto

And is popular for a single office.

»www.google.com/search?q=CORNWALL···ie=utf-8
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

ryanvision

join:2013-05-03
Palm Coast, FL
reply to Victim
Thank you very much for the info and we can only hope this ranks high enough for people to discover as they receive information about this company.

My manager was Linda Harris as well! But the second they request you to do some money laundering of some sort, that would have already been enough to put someone over the edge- you can only hope.

dontscamme

@charter.com
reply to Doctor Olds
I decided to go with the flow until they either make me deposit a check and make me money gram it right away, or ask for money from me. So far i have completed all paper work, started training, and they just ask me to be available from 9 to 5. I got my first assignment and it is a real estate research assignment. They are opening 20 to 30 offices in the U.S. and they want their employees to find suitable buildings. Everything seems to good to be true, but what they have asked me to do way different compared to all other scammers. I am on full alert, and will share any further news i receive.

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
Brandon, FL
if you are gonna play the game, all I can tell you is be very careful. Have you given them any of your personal info?
--
| map your city |

notrightppl

@comcast.net
reply to ryanvision
These people are liars that give you all non working info. The Linda Harris lady called me and said i would be able to reach her from the number she called me at. Call back says it s a Skype number and make the call. Also she got real frustrated when i asked her question and had the nerve to tell me good by and hang up. The fact that they want you to use your own personnel check account to do work makes the crap. career builder called it a scam as well

badnewsblues

@comcast.net
I asked Linda Harris questions about the legitimacy of the company and she assured me that all was well. There was the whole story about being registered in England and given a website to check out details. Yes, Petile Invest LLP is registered in England since 2008 and had filed all necessary paperwork and accounts are up to date etc. But when I asked more questions as to how comes its so hard to find any articles on the internet and if the company is doing so well financially how comes you don't hear about them, I was suddenly blocked from the 'employee collaboration system'. Got a message that the user name or password was incorrect...wow

Tig

Carrying Place, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms

2 edits
reply to Doctor Olds
The link does have a trail that leads to south America. On the right towards the bottom of the page is this;

Company directors and board members:

ADVANCE DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED
LLPDMEM, 2008.03.22
35 BARRACK ROAD 3RD FLOOR , BELIZE CITY
CENTRAL AMERICA
BELIZE
CORPORATE SOLUTIONS LIMITED
LLPDMEM, 2008.03.22
35 BARRACK ROAD 3RD FLOOR , BELIZE CITY
CENTRAL AMERICA
BELIZE

Unfortunately the links to those companies go to multiple seemingly unrelated companies in England. Three are dissolved and one is "dormant"
The two companies listed also show up as the directors/board members of other companies. I could not easily find them in Belize.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to badnewsblues
said by badnewsblues :

But when I asked more questions as to how comes its so hard to find any articles on the internet and if the company is doing so well financially how comes you don't hear about them, I was suddenly blocked from the 'employee collaboration system'. Got a message that the user name or password was incorrect...wow

Whoops you showed you were paying attention... they can't have that

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
Brandon, FL

1 recommendation

reply to ryanvision
here's what I find funny now. everytime I read the subject, I keep reading "Penile-Invest"
--
| map your city |

jb00538

@rr.com
reply to ryanvision
Yes it is very much a scam!! I was almost a victim of this elaborate scheme, but I am glad that I did not send them the money that they put into my account. Because my bank contacted me today and told me that it was all a scam. So if they put money into your account get the bank the cops and all involved to stop these criminals!!