spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LiteWait

join:2008-02-14

[HSI] 12 month promo is up, anyone know a way to get another pro

Had 12 month promo 30/6 for $39.99. Now Charter is raising the rate to $57.99. I tried calling in and threatening to cancel to see if I could squeeze them for another promo, but no luck. Has anyone been able to "renew" their promo? Thanks.

zed260
Premium
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Reviews:
·Charter

Re: [HSI] 12 month promo is up, anyone know a way to get another

said by LiteWait:

Had 12 month promo 30/6 for $39.99. Now Charter is raising the rate to $57.99. I tried calling in and threatening to cancel to see if I could squeeze them for another promo, but no luck. Has anyone been able to "renew" their promo? Thanks.

first off its 30/4 second as for renewing promo its vary hard to do best bets email Andrea.Brown@chartercom.com

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to LiteWait

Promo pricing offers are greatly reduced. The whole point of the new fixed pricing is to get everyone on the same pricing plan and not using promos.

The only way you should be able to get another promo is after your service has been shut off for 90 days. In which case you are then eligible as a "new customer". Threaten all you want, times have changed.
--
Google is your Friend

shh hiding

@charter.com
reply to LiteWait

cancel and tell them why, then use another person to open an account at your address, the only cost to you is $20 install fee if it doesn't work.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

that wont work . . .

said by shh hiding :

cancel and tell them why, then use another person to open an account at your address, the only cost to you is $20 install fee if it doesn't work.

Anon25

@charter.com
reply to LiteWait

just call them and tell them you want to cancel because you can't afford it anymore and they SHOULD offer to keep your price the same for 6-12months more.. I did that 4 times in a row before they ended up saying they can't give me the promo price anymore and then I just cancelled and waited 2months and then called them back and got the promo deal for another year

Expand your moderator at work

shh hiding

@charter.com

Re: [HSI] 12 month promo is up, anyone know a way to get another

I would be happy to pay half the price for half the speed. $30 for 15 Mbps would be perfect.

They want too much for more than I need and dont offer something reasonable.

BoMarty

join:2001-02-01
Ballwin, MO
reply to LiteWait

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. I begged, I threaten to cancel, I when to the local office. I discussed my pricing with maybe 5 charter reps all the same answer. NO PROMOTIONS.

You may have the same choices that I had:
1-continue to pay Charter regular pricing.
2-IF you can switch, get new service and much lower monthly expense than Charter's.

I did #2, and glad I did. I am better off paying a lower monthly fee for TV, great service, great picture, could not be more happier.

After +15 years with Charter, I did get my special pricing, but it wasnt through Charter, but ATT U-verse. They are providing a great product for me and price

said by Alky:

Well, if they let you do it, they have to let everybody do it. A promo is just that. A promo. The problem is all the cheap bastards out there like you who always want something for nothing.

I am a cheap bastard, been like that all my life. Save a buck or 2. I NEVER got anything free, I pay what is in my budget and what is a fair price. With decline in the econmy, more that just one cheap bastard around.

Premium
join:2012-06-11

1 edit
reply to shh hiding

said by shh hiding :

I would be happy to pay half the price for half the speed. $30 for 15 Mbps would be perfect.

They want too much for more than I need and dont offer something reasonable.

TOTALLY AGREED.

I'm sure that there are tens of thousands of customers that are in the same boat.

This.

I'm hoping that what happened to JC Penny's former CEO (Ron Johnson) happens to Tom Rutledge.

mikiee

join:2009-06-10
Saint Louis, MO

If Charter would give 15 down for $30 a month, regular price, and marketed it the right way, they'd have more subscribers than they could handle. (Then, of course, no one would get 15 down cause the nodes would be overbooked)

Premium
join:2012-06-11

It wouldn't change anything because as it now stands the executive manglement have forced all customers onto an unneeded 30/4 tier of service. LOL So there is ALREADY excessive congestion.

Bengie25

join:2010-04-22
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Reviews:
·Solarus
reply to LiteWait

Charter is advertising $30 for 30Mb around her also, but they were charging me $148. I called three times for 6 months, got the call escalated to a manager, and they told me to take it or leave it.

I told a manager, "I have been a customer for 7 years. You guys are actively advertising 30Mb for $30 and I am paying $150" His response: "You're getting a good deal"... By what standard?! I'm paying 5x more than what they're advertising.

I was lucky enough to have another ISP *finally* offer service in my area and I jumped ship, but most don't have the luxury.

sittin_tech

join:2004-04-13
Rochester, MN
kudos:1

You're paying $148/month for 30M HSI? That doesn't sound right. Can you post your bill?

TGAMO

join:2012-08-03
Covington, LA

Quit for 30 days and open new account - 30mbs service for 29.99 and yes they do charge you a reconnect fee - however - most of the time they will waive it..... but if they don't who cares - still a great price for decent service.

mikiee

Saint Louis, MO

said by TGAMO:

Quit for 30 days and open new account - 30mbs service for 29.99 and yes they do charge you a reconnect fee - however - most of the time they will waive it..... but if they don't who cares - still a great price for decent service.

Doesn't it have to be longer than 30 days to be considered a new customer?

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

That's what I thought. I was thinking 90 days.
Used to ask you if you had service at this location in the past XXX days.

said by mikiee:

said by TGAMO:

Doesn't it have to be longer than 30 days to be considered a new customer?

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by compuguybna:

from the website

©2013 Charter Communications, Inc. Offers are valid for a limited time only, to qualifying residential customers who have not subscribed to applicable services within the previous 30 days and have no outstanding obligation to Charter

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

Thanks for the clarification.

said by 88615298:

said by compuguybna:

from the website

©2013 Charter Communications, Inc. Offers are valid for a limited time only, to qualifying residential customers who have not subscribed to applicable services within the previous 30 days and have no outstanding obligation to Charter

mikiee

Saint Louis, MO
reply to 88615298

said by 88615298:

said by compuguybna:

from the website

Well, I'll be darned. Sounds tempting. Let's see, if I'm out of town for a couple of weeks, then that's only 2 weeks that I have to do without. I'll have to consider this when my 2 year subscription is up.