uniqs
share rss forum feed

Frodo

join:2006-05-05
kudos:1
reply to SpHeRe31459

Re: Printable Plastic Gun Can Evade Security Scanners

said by SpHeRe31459:

Proof? Have they posted any videos of someone using it on a range?

»www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-envir···22421185

redwolfe_98
Premium
join:2001-06-11
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to FF4m3

i thought this was nothing when i first heard about the "printable gun"-until i saw it on the news, tonite..

"The only non-printed part needed to fire is a simple nail, which acts as the firing pin"

i reckon a "prong" from a belt buckle would work

FF4m3

@rr.com
reply to FF4m3

The first ever hand-firing of the world's first fully 3D-printed gun:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_wfF9pZZlo

FF4m3

@rr.com
reply to FF4m3

Here's a vid:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK55GSbSWQ0

FF4m3

@rr.com
reply to FF4m3

said by FF4m3 :

Defense Distributed, the pending non-profit that plans to make 3D-printed weaponry available for anyone with such a printer, will release the blueprints for a fully-working plastic firearm next week.

Here they are.
Expand your moderator at work

Frodo

join:2006-05-05
reply to FF4m3

Re: Printable Plastic Gun Can Evade Security Scanners

Says here, the Feds have removed the blueprints.

»www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/0···443.html
My first thought is, I guess 2nd amendment meets 1st amendment.

"Controversial wiki-weapon venture Defense Distributed removed the blueprints for a 3D printable gun from its website on Thursday on the State Department's order. "

FF4m3

@rr.com

said by Frodo:

Says here, the Feds have removed the blueprints.

Yep. Not unexpected. However...

US State Department gets 3D Liberator gun designs pulled from the website, but will that stop people from making this weapon?:

The plans are no longer available on the Defense Distributed website but are reportedly still online on several torrent websites, including Pirate Bay.

In addition, all those who've already downloaded the plans can easily email them and/or share them in many other ways. Even use these plans to develop & share alternate designs.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to FF4m3

The Pirate Bay now hosts banned 3D-printed gun files
See also: Torrent Freak

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state
reply to FF4m3

As remarkable as the process is, considering the cost of the printer and the materials that go into the gun, and the inherent short lifetime (until they figure out how to incorporate a powdered ceramic ink for the barrel), it'll be a lot less expensive to just go to the gun shop (or show) and pick up a pistol or two or twenty...

dsilvers

join:2009-05-17
Canyon Lake, TX
reply to FF4m3

Click for full size
"Defcad is experiencing heavy traffic at the moment. Please bear with us."......three thousand hits per hour.

It was downloaded over a thousand times before the Department of Defense pulled it. The Pirate Bay is now hosting a link to the torrent. isohunt and kickass torrents also appear to have links. It will be very difficult to legislate this out of existence, but it will be amusing to watch them try.

Very few people would have any interest in a one shot firearm, but as technology advances and materials evolve who knows what it could turn into. Perhaps a government nightmare.

Cartel
Premium
join:2006-09-13
Chilliwack, BC
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Shaw
·TELUS
reply to FF4m3

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKBaFWfHM84

Plastic is a waste of time and money.
and a heatscore.

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth
reply to dsilvers

you meant 100k times in 2days.........i think?