spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

frutadeduser

@acanac.net

Problems with port forwarding on router behind Sagem modem

Hi I am a user of the Sagem F@st 2864; I configured the Sagem modem on bridge mode to pass the IP to my D-Link DIR-815 router, and configure the router with the PPPoe credentials to log in directly from the router, everything works good and I get the speeds I supposed to get hoewever I have my ports forward on my router and for some reason the work good and after a while the ports get closed. If I reboot the router I will get a new IP address and my ports will get open but again after a while they close.

This never happened with my old router and lower bandwidth no matter how much I loaded the connection using the same router.

I also tried DMZ my router on the Sagem modem but that didnt work.

Any suggestions???

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8

If you're doing PPPOE with the router... I don't see how the Sagemcom could affect your port forwarding...

frutadeduser

@acanac.net

Yes I am doing PPPOE with the router and i cant figure out if it is the router or the Sagemcom the one one causing the troubles, but for some reason the ports open and close frequently

kovy

reply to frutadeduser

I would factory reset both, if possible upgrade the firmware of your router.

frutadeduser

@acanac.net

I updated the firmware of the router, factory reset both (router and modem) input PPPoe credentials again on the modem, port forwarded and it was working fine for a while after some time ports were closed. Again rebooting the router gets new IP and ports shown as open.

kovy

said by frutadeduser :

I updated the firmware of the router, factory reset both (router and modem) input PPPoe credentials again on the modem, port forwarded and it was working fine for a while after some time ports were closed. Again rebooting the router gets new IP and ports shown as open.

I taught you were doing PPPOE in the router and not the modem ?

frutadeduser

@acanac.net

Sorry my bad writing i did it on the router, I have the modem bridge sending the IP directly to the router

kovy

said by frutadeduser :

Sorry my bad writing i did it on the router, I have the modem bridge sending the IP directly to the router

Well I got to say, I haven't heard this problem... it is random when they stop or it's something always on clock ?

frutadeduser

@acanac.net

There is always something on clock, in fact a have a lot of connection through that port, I though was maybe the router couldn't handle so many TCP connections but with my old modem that didn't happen I had around the same connections an never the ports become close.

frutadeduser

@acanac.net

And yes is random when that happen

kovy

reply to frutadeduser

I would try another router... say from futurshop and return it after testing.

frutadeduser

@host36-server.com

I will try that

frutadeduser

@acanac.net

To continue with this I tried a brand new router (Asus RT-N56U), for my surprise after setting everything up on the new modem still have the same issues, I also notice that my connection gets way slower when this happen.

I decided to don't use my own router and test it directly with the router's modem, it happen the same thing and eve worse since I have to turn off the modem and turn it back on in order to get the connection.

Dont know what else to do.

kovy

said by frutadeduser :

To continue with this I tried a brand new router (Asus RT-N56U), for my surprise after setting everything up on the new modem still have the same issues, I also notice that my connection gets way slower when this happen.

I decided to don't use my own router and test it directly with the router's modem, it happen the same thing and eve worse since I have to turn off the modem and turn it back on in order to get the connection.

Dont know what else to do.

Ask for a new modem. You're problem is almost unique... I've never heard of it or experience it.

I actually found some other people with similar problems in another thread maybe this is my problem.

»Re: [Internet] Trouble with Fibe 25 and Sagemcom Modem

kovy

1 edit

said by frutadeduser :

I actually found some other people with similar problems in another thread maybe this is my problem.

»Re: [Internet] Trouble with Fibe 25 and Sagemcom Modem

That's a totaly different issue...

He didn't mention that he has issues with Webpages.

elsurfista

join:2013-05-09

maybe is not the same issue but let me be more clear on whats the behaviour, lets assume I don't have the router connected to the modem and I am connected directly to the modem via router, I have an static IP assign to my computer and port forward set up on the modem to an specific port, internet is working fine, ports are open, speedtest is the way is suppose to be. After a while (varies around 10 to 20 minutes) I see an strange behavior on the connection, If I check my port is close, browsing pages is fine as long as I don't have to stream something or watch videos, in general this happen when i dont put the system under heavy load (which I am usually doing) by the way ping is ok when this happen. This behavior is like that until I reset the modem and everything goes back to normal (ports open and good connection).

If you still think this is a modem issue then I would ask Acanac to put a request of a modem change if that's not the case please advise.

Thanks in advance for the time on trying to help me with this issue.

Ohhh I register on the site since it was getting annoyed being anon.

kovy

reply to frutadeduser

I have no idea what is your issue... because the other link is the connect can't browse issue which is fix with a fibetv profile... but you're saying you don't have that issue... so.

elsurfista

Then I will ask for a modem exchange to try to fix it. I will post here anything that happen after that just in case someone gets into the same situation.

elsurfista

reply to frutadeduser

Just a quick update, I got a new modem and definitely something was wrong with the modem, however, even that my connection is stable now, the port forwarding problem still there, after so long my ports get close by itself, this happening when I have a lot of traffic on them, the good thing is my whole connection doesn't get affected now by this. I've been talking to different people (Bell technician include it) and it might be some internal software they put on the modem specially for torrenting, I knew some stuff like that (Sandvine) was on the Bell network some time ago but though that was all gone so maybe they are doing it through the modems now, either way like I said before my connection is stable but when I put heavy load on the ports they get close.

ramenbooko

join:2013-07-03
reply to frutadeduser

Weird, did you ever get anywhere beyond this? I have the same issue and I was going to say it was identical to yours but I just noticed (right now) that the forwarding started working again. It seems to die for some time and then resume as normal.

elsurfista

I didn't get beyond this point, the forwarding start working after you don't put so much load on the router, talking to different people the conclusion I have is the software inside the modem is blocking the ports where I have heavy load (Traffic), once is down the traffic then open the ports again. It wouldn't surprises me if thats the case since we are talking about a modem distribute by (B)Hell. If someone find any workaround or whenever Bell decide to let use a different modem I would love to know.