Dr. Zoidberg

join:2001-05-01
Elmhurst, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·RCN CABLE
·Earthlink Cable ..
reply to cchhat01

Re: [Speed] SB6141 + 50/6 = Slow Speeds in Elmhurst, NY ???

Click for full size
slow speeds
It is still slow and getting worse...
Consistently seeing about 2-4 Mbps (thats in bits) down, which is less than 10% of advertised speeds (at 10:30PM EDT)

I hope someone in RCN is having a look.
--
"Look at me, I'm Dr. Zoidberg, homeowner."
Expand your moderator at work

cchhat01
Dr. Zoidberg

Elmhurst, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·RCN CABLE
·Earthlink Cable ..
reply to cchhat01

Re: [Speed] SB6141 + 50/6 = Slow Speeds in Elmhurst, NY ???

This is just great. ::facepalm::
I am nearly done with RCN. I have an appointment with Verizon to install fios tomorrow morning.
And what happens now? I get a call from RCN field tech claiming that they are now installing new equipment and that the issues should be resolved within a week.
I am not sure whether this is bait and switch.

Also, for others in Elmhurst (I know you are out there), can you please chime in with your speeds.
At the moment, all my speedtest.net results point and show me at somewhere close to Buffalo, NY. (This is only recently since all my previous tests showed me at approximately in the NYC region, closer to home). Now all my tests show my closest servers are Buffalo, NY and Toronto, Canada.

If this is the case for other Elmhurst based RCN Customers, please let me know. Maybe we can all pitch in together and ascertain the validity of RCN's "Installing new equipment".

My speeds are still horrendous during evening peaktimes.
As of late, I've noticed that even though my docsis 3.0 modem bonds to 4 channels, most of the traffic is primarily on one of the channels.
Primary/Favorite channel 211: 34898576173 codewords. Others are around the 17000000000 range).

OTHERS IN ELMHURST PLEASE CHIME IN.

--

Vangelis

@rcn.com
Would it make sense to postpone your fios install to see if rcn comes thru on resolving issue?

cchhat01
Dr. Zoidberg

Elmhurst, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·RCN CABLE
·Earthlink Cable ..
said by Vangelis :

Would it make sense to postpone your fios install to see if rcn comes thru on resolving issue?

That's what I've done. In the very least I've got another 2 weeks with RCN and then I'm thru (if they are lying).
--
Expand your moderator at work