spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cmthru
join:2005-03-19
Germantown, MD

cmthru

Frustrating Problem

I am in an MDU and for nearly three weeks I have had a very perplexing situation with my service. Internet works fine during morning hours, then around 1pm the service becomes unstable. Will work fine for 3-4 minutes then completely cut out. After a minute it comes back on. Minutes later it's off again. This makes Internet use almost totally, well, useless until the next morning. Can't ping anything while it's off.

One thing I have noticed is that when I use my VoIP service there's considerable static just before the internet drops out.

Techs have come and gone after resetting the ONT in the wiring closet. Everything works fine for a few hours and then back to the sporadic service. My Actiontec, Xyzel box and internal wiring have been checked and declared in proper working order. Actiontec was one time replaced and provided no change. One tech gave me a D-Link VDSL to try and that doesn't connect at all.

Last week they replaced the ONT and service worked until the next afternoon. Then it was back to the on off cycle. It's as if something was tied to a timer.

Been told by techs I am not the only one in my building with this problem. One neighbor told me his service has been working properly since the ONT replacement last week.

Also I have been told by two techs that the problem isn't in the building but somewhere in the network. Network techs report nothing wrong.

Late last week I finally was able to talk to a supervisor and he determined the ONT was showing a 'bounce back'. So he has assigned a tech to check it out. Frankly I have no hope that the latest visit will provide permanent relief.

I have checked my desktop including the cabling to the router. Also have connected a laptop to the router and get the same on off cycle.

Any one got an idea what's causing my situation? I am at wits end and seriously considering dropping Verizon, and this after years of fantastic service, to go with a competitor.
sneakaround
join:2001-06-19
Staten Island, NY

sneakaround

It may seem strange (in that it should not have anything to do with the stability of the connection) but ask the next tech to change all of the batteries in the BBU.
cmthru
join:2005-03-19
Germantown, MD

cmthru

New batteries installed two weeks ago. And they also found that both ONTs were connected to one power supply. A second supply was installed.