54067323 (banned)
join:2012-09-25
Tuscaloosa, AL

1 edit

54067323 (banned) to lutful

to lutful

Re: power substation question

said by lutful:

[I suppose someone could argue that the pointy plastic radome is actually a metallic reflector while the back and mounting brackets are all made of plastic, so the microwave beam is actually pointing into the fenced area.

Don't be silly that is not how those types of dishes work, and in the future note I corrected my post once I found a better photograph, a correction which proceeded your unnecessary and troll like chastising.
said by 54067323:

Having found a much beter shot of the structure I can say for sure it is not an IDS, the dish is about 36" across, which is too large for an IDS system and pointing almost due west, as such that is IMO a point to point microwave dish with an elevation of about 20 feet. 2013-05-05 08:21:34

lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

1 edit

lutful

Premium Member

said by 54067323:

said by lutful:

I suppose someone could argue that the pointy plastic radome is actually a metallic reflector while the back and mounting brackets are all made of plastic, so the microwave beam is actually pointing into the fenced area.

Don't be silly that is not how those types of dishes work

That was exactly my point ... made using the logical method called »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re ··· absurdum

I had posted a very clear photo a pointy radome which was confirmed immediately by Subaru See Profile and he then posted a reasonably clear photo. I really did not understand how someone could imagine that could be a microwave sensor pointed inside the fenced area.

Anyway, I was browsing SouthWest Microwave site after starting to compose the response ... while you were composing the correction.